Best Places to Travel in India
History of India
India has long history and ancient civilization. Actually Economic and history of India was flourished since 2800 BC to 1800 BC. History of Indian civilization was begins with the Indus valley civilization and later on coming of Aryans. Likewise these two phases generally known as Pre- Vedic and Vedic periods. Even though, Hinduism was established and flourished around Vedic periods. Hence, earliest literary sources was Rig Veda was also known as the light of India. Different course of time there was many ruler was changes in the history of India.
Similarly,unification of India under Ashoka where Maurya dynasty esty was flourished. Later on Ashoka spared the Buddhism around in Asia. Buddhism was spread in Asia about 8 century. In addition in 8 century Islam came to India for the 1 st time and later 11 century Islam was established as a political force in Indian history. Next it’s turn ino Delhi Sultan and later on was formation of Mughal Empire in the history of Indian civilization.
Modern India –
Modern India was starting around 16 to 17 th century and European trading company was flourished in India. Later on mid of 18th century English power dominant in India. Likewise, nearly about two hundred years British administrative was well established. However, during British empire in India about two hundred was known as great revolutionary changes in India. There was political, economic, social changes in India. So these day India is converted into developed country and famous for tourist attraction.
Top 30 places to travel in India –
India has unique cultures and different magnificent and beautiful destinations to visit. It’s is famous for natural and has numerous places to visit for the bag packers. Although, while travel to India offers different styles of luxury hotels, boutique hotels, and standard and budget hotel as travelers need. Furthermore, this country is a naturally and culturally beautiful country in the world with having the longest history. Thus, you can get easily either e-visa tourist visa to get visit visa for India.
Best places to travel in India are-
India has 29 states and 7 union territories so total 36 entities. After second war between 1947 to 1950 the territories of the princely states were politically integrated into the India union.
S.N State Capital Area Official Languages
1. Andhra Pradesh-Hyderabad – 160,205 km2 – Telugu
2. Arunachal – Pradesh Itanagar – 83,743 km2 – English
3. Assam – Dispur – 78,438 km2 – Assamese
4. Bihar – Patna – 94,163 km2- Hindi
5. Chhattisgarh – Raipur – 135,191 km2 – Chhattisgarhi
6. Goa – Panaji – 3,702 km2 – Konkani
7. Gujarat – Gandhinagar – 196,024 km2 – Gujarati
8. Haryana – Chandigarh – 44,212 km2 – Haryanvi
9. Himachal Pradesh – Shimla – 55,673 km2 – Hindi
10. Jammu and kashmir – Srinagar – 222,236 km2 – Urdu
11. Jharkhand – Ranchi – 79,714 km2 – Hindi
12. Karnataka – Bengaluru – 191,791 km2 – Kannada
13. Kerala – Trivandrum – 38,863 km2 – Malayalam
14. Madhya Pradesh – Bhopal – 308,245 km2 – Hindi
15. Maharashtra – Mumbai – 307,713 km2 – Marathi
16. Manipur – Imphal – 22,327 km2 – Meiteilon (Manipuri)
17. Meghalaya – Shillong – 22,429 km2 – English
18. Mizoram – Aizawl – 21,081 km2 – Mizo
19. Nagaland – Kohima – 16,579 km2 – English
20. Odisha – Bhubaneswar – 155,707 km2 – Oriya
21. Punjab – Chandigarh – 50,362 km2 – Punjabi
22. Rajasthan – Jaipur – 342,239 km2 – Hindi
23. Sikkim – Gangtok – 7,096 km2 – Nepali
24. Tamil Nadu – Chennai – 130,058 km2- Tamil
25. Telangana – Hyderabad – 114,840 km2 – Telugu, Urdu
26. Tripura – Agartala – 10,486 km2 – Bengali
27. Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow – 240,928 km2 – Hindi
28. Uttarakhand – Dehradun – 53,483 km2 – Hindi
29. West Bengal – Kolkata – 88,752 km2 – Bengali
Similarly, other 7 union territories of Indian, their capital and official languages are given below-
Union territory Capital /Largest city Official languages
Lakshadweep Kavaratti Malayalam , English
Daman and Diu Daman English, Gujarati, Hindi, Konkani
Dadra and Nagar Haveli Silvassa Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi
Andaman and Nicobar Islands Port Blair English, Hindi
Chandigarh Chandigarh English
Puducherry Pondicherry English, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu
Delhi New Delhi Hindi , Punjabi, Urdu
Are you looking for the main places to travel in India?
Now no worries you can visit top 30 places to visit in India. You can explore any places in India as your time and interest. Here Sunrise Adventure trek will arrange your India package tour. Below are the main 30 places to travel in India-
1. Goa, India –
Goa has different beautiful beaches and a top destination for tourist to visit. However, Goa is naturally beautiful having nice forests, spice plantations, trekking.
- Explore different beaches, hot balloon safari.
- Enjoy nightmare life, jet skiing in Goa.
- Enjoy scuba diving in Goa and relax with Ayurveda treatment in Goa.
- Visit to Calangute Beach, Aguada Fort, Chapora Fort, Basilica of Bom Jesus. Mangeshi Temple, Dudhsagar.
- Waterfalls, Arpora Night Market, Grand Island, Baga Beach.
2. Andaman island,
Andaman island is famous for beaches and great islands with water rafting.
Things to do in Andaman islands –
Trekking and Scuba diving, boat riding.
Cruise ride stay in beaches and resorts in Neil islands. Enjoy sunset at Laxmanpur beach.
Varanasi is famous for both hindu and Buddhist pilgrimages. Ganga Aarti and having different temples.
Ganga river is filled with 88 different ghats . Even though, Varanasi is the gateway to Sarnath which is pinnacle of Buddhism pilgrimages.
Things to do in Varanasi-
View of different ghats and oldest temples.
Enjoy boat ride, tour to Sarnath, enjoy Ganga Aarti ceremony around in the evening.
4. Leh, India
Visit Leh which is known as adventures places. Even though, beautiful natures, temples and monasteries. Enjoy safari activates and trekking . Enjoy largest and oldest monasteries and explore around jeep safari and many more.
Visit Taj Mahal and explore Mughal dynasty. Enjoy Agra sightseeing tour.
Main attraction of Taj Mahal-
Enjoy Golden triangle and visit to Taj Mahal.
Visit Ram Bagh Garden,Agra Fort.
Explore unique Mughal heritage,, watch Kalakriti dance and drama show.
6. Thar desert
Visit Thar desert in rajasthan. Enjoy with camel safari, visits deserts sand camping. Enjoy cultural program and romantic moonlight dinner.
Rishikesh is one of the spiritual place to visit bordering to Ganga river. Rishikesh is famous for yoa, meditation and Ayurvedic treatment.
Main places to visit around in Rishikesh
Neelkanth temple, Mahadev temple, waterfalls, Swarg Ashram, Rishi Kun, Rajaji national park.
River rafting bonfire, camping near Ganges river.
Enjoy Ganga Aarti in Tridevi ghat, bungee jumping, paragliding, mt. biking, trekking.
Ayurveda body spa and treatments.
8. McLeodGanj/ Dharamsala
McLeodGanj, India is known as hidden gem in India. It’s famous with the Tibetan cultures and Buddhism.
Things to do in MCLeodGanj-
Visit Masroor temple and Guna Devi temple.
Visit different monasteries and church.
Famous for Vipassana meditations centre.
Experience yoga and spa therapies.
Enjoy Boat ride in Dal lake, trekking and explore unique Tibetan cultural show.
Coorg is famous for mountainous beauty so you can enjoy different adventures activates.
visit Brahmagiri, Iruppu falls, Mandalpatti viewpoint, Barpole rivers,Nagarhole national park.
Enjoy coffee plantation, Barapole river rafting.
Visit Tibetan Golden temple.
Trek to Brahmagiri hill and Pushpagiri hill trekking.
10. Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett National Park, India is main beautiful place for the bag packers. Visit beautiful national park with different animals.
11. Rann of Kutch
Rann of Kutch, India is famous for salt desert. Unique landscapes,
Sight seen to Kalo Dungar, hanging around White desert.
Enjoy camel safari at White Desert.
Mai place to visit Jim Corbett National park-
Garjia temple, Kosi river, Corbett fall, Corbett museum.
Enjoy wildlife safari activities elephant safari, camping, bird watching.
Enjoy river rafting in Kosi, paragliding, Kayaking.
Hampi, is famous for the oldest capital city of Vijayanagar empire. Similarly, this place is famous with unique oldest temple different art and architectures.
Visit to Vijaya Vittala Temple, Sri Virupaksha Temple, Hanuman Temple, Hemakuta Hill Temple.
Tour to Sasivekalu Ganesha Temple, Lakshmi Narasimha Temple. Matanga Hill, Daroji Bear Sanctuary. Tungabhadra Dam.
Enjoy sunset from Monkey temple, bike ride, visit Sanapur lakeside.
Visit Mumbai with different cultures and enjoy Bollywood. Enjoy endless festivals, elephant islands, and different monuments.
Top Attractions in Mumbai
- Tour around Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Taj Mahal Palace, Elephanta Island, Chor Bazaar.
- Juhu Beach, Dharavi Slum, Film City, Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat, Prince of Wales Museum.
- Visit to Siddhivinayak Temple.
- Enjoy riding Mumbai local and metro trains.
14. Munnar, India/Kerala
Munnar, India is heartland of natural beauty and national park. Having different waterfalls, and plantations.
Main attraction of Munnar-
Visit and massif national park and waterfalls.
Enjoy rock climbing, elephant safari, tyrekking.
15. Valley of Flower
Valley of natural beauty and flower having botanical garden.
Top Attractions of Valley of Flowers
Visit to Bedni Bugyal, Badrinath Temple, Vasudhara Falls, Lakshman Ganga River.
Tour around Nanda Devi National Park, Narsingh Temple, Pushpawati River, Valley of Flowers National Park.
Shimla, is famous for different adventure activities and honeymoon tour. Having beautiful nature and lush green forest and ncie valley.
Top Attractions in Shimla
- Sightseeing to Summer Hills, Indian Institute Of Advanced Studies, Annandale, Jakhoo Hill.
- The Scandal Point, The Shimla State Museum.
- Explore Chadwick Falls Mall Road, Johnnie’s Wax Museum, Christ Church.
- Himalayan Bird Park, Tara Devi Temple, Kufri, Chail, Lakkar Bazaar, Green Valley.
- Enjoy trekking, and rafting Tattapani.
- Join camping, paragliding, cycling, and explore pine forests.
- Visit Tara devi temple.
Srinagar, is located in North India. Naturally beautiful having different graden and lakes. Visit Mughal gardens,Tulip gardens,
• Try popular Kashmiri Cuisine such as Rogan Josh, Kashmiri Pulao, Nadru Yakhni, Sewai, and more.
• Buy some famous things like Pashminas, Kashmiri carpets, silver jewelry, spices.
• Stay at traditional houseboat.
• Enjoy boat ride on Dal Lake.
Ooty is located in Southern part of India. Ooty is also known as the queen of the hill station.Its famous for honeymoon tour.
Amazing view of viewpoints, plantations, and famous for trekking.
Gangtok is close to Nepal and background of Mount Kanchenjunga. Having different hill stations and pleasant destinations to travel. Its also famous for snowy and cloudy hillside.
20. Pushkar –
Pushkar is located in Rajasthan. Rajasthan is famous place for tourists having unique palaces. Visit Enjoy tour in luxury train. Pushkar lakes and temples and ancient lifestyle and cultures of the people is main attraction of Pushkar.
21. New Delhi
Delhi is capital of India. Visit unique culture and architectural since Mughal dynasty. Mughal empire and numerous historical monuments and diverse cultures.
Alleppey, is famous for Ayurvedic centre and boathouse. Kerala is famous for different temples and beaches.
Dalhousie is famous for meadows, beautiful rivers and andunique mountains.
Mahabalipuram, is located in south india. Mahabalipuram is famous for different cultures with oldest temples and architectures.
Lucknow, is the land of Nawabs. Lucknow is located in the bank of Gomti River its; well known for colonial destinations. This place is famous for literature, history, architecture and amazing cultures.
Aurangabad is famous for ancient caves. You can visit iconic heritage sites, different statues and temples and beautiful nature is main attraction of this place.
Kanyakumari is located in Southern part of india. It’s famous for the different cultures and nature. Rather, this place is famous for sunrise and sunset in India. Visit Vivekananda Rock, and Thiruvalluvar statue and see the beautiful temples.
Khajuraho, is famous for ancient Hindu and Jain temples. You can see the ancient temples with wrotic statues.
Mathura is historical pilgrimages site. Nevertheless, Mathura is also known as kingdom of God Bishnu. This place is both historic and religious attraction for the tourists.
Cherrapunjee, is famous with the beautiful might himalayas. Cherrapunjee is nice place for trekking and tour. It’s surrounding with greenery hills.
Consequently, India is multicultural and natural diverse country. It’s nice to visit for anyone who want to know Indian history and unique culture.