Dramatic journey to the foothills of the Mt. Everest and unique experience of the Himalayas is the core part of the Everest base camp trekking. People often asked about EBC trek is the hardest one, but in real EBC trekking is a long and high altitude trek but actually it’s amazing and stunningly beautiful views that make trek more comfort. Looking for a Complete Guideline to Everest Base Camp Trekking? Of course, there are millions of people look at Everest and Everest base camp trek. Everest base camp trek is the journey of a lifetime experience for any trekkers. First trekking to mount Everest is not climbing it’s trekking so there is no need climbing gears only straight forward trekking is suited.
Moreover, you can see the breathtaking views of the magnificent Himalayas including Mt. Everest. Enjoy the massif views of sunrise and sunset of Mount Everest from Kalapathar which is a lifetime memorial of the trek. You can conquer the Sherpa culture, massif Khumbu glaciers, and explore the Himalayas paradise during your EBC trek.
- 1. What are the Highlights of the EBC Trekking?
- 2. When is the best time to do EBC trekking
- 3. How is the weather of EBC trek?
- 4. What about the time and distance of the EBC trek?
- 5. How difficult is EBC trekking?
- 6. What are the trekking routes of EBC trekking?
- 7. How is the altitude sickness of Everest base camp trek?
- 8. What types of food and drinks available on Everest base camp trek?
- 9. What is the packing list of Everest base camp trekking?
- 10. How much Everest base camp trek package cost?
- 11. What bout Kathmandu to Lukla Kathmandu’s flight?
- 12. What types of accommodations available on Everest base camp trek?
- 13. Is there any age limit for Everest base camp trek?
- 14. Are there ATM and money exchange available on Everest base camp trek?
- 16. How about drinking water and beverage available during EBC trek?
- 17. What is the weight limit of my baggage to Everest base camp trek?
- 18. How about tips to guide and porters during EBC trek?
- 19. How are guides and porters on EBC trek?
- 20. What about travel insurance for EBC trek?
- 21. How can I found a trekking agency for EBC trek?
- In nutshell –
1. What are the Highlights of the EBC Trekking?
- Trekking to the base camp of the world’s highest peak Mt Everest.
- Enjoy the beautiful natural and cultural beauty of Khumbu’s reason.
- Enjoy Kathmandu to Lukla flight with spectacular sunrise views of the Himalayas range and amazing landscape.
- Massif views of Mt Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt. Amadablam, Mt Pumori & more during the trek.
- Visit amazing Sherpa culture and their lifestyle.
- Explore Sagarmatha national park and hidden wilderness, Khumbu icefalls.
- Climb to the Kalapathar and enjoy breathtaking sunrise views of Mt Everest and peak 38, Island peak, Lobuche peak.
- Explore Khumjung village and highest and oldest Tengboche monastery.
- Enjoy Kathmandu sightseen tour and discover medieval period of UNESCO listed site of Kathmandu valley
2. When is the best time to do EBC trekking
Spring and autumn is the best time to do the Everest base camp trek with the great views of the Himalayas. However, Summer and Winter is low season but people can do EBC trek even in low season to avoid crowed in high season. During summer and winter, we can’t see every day the spectacular views of mountains but sometimes we can see the massif views of Himalayas.
3. How is the weather of EBC trek?
Weather is obviously different in EBC trek according to a different season. Traveling in Nepal is good for all seasons. Everest base camp trek itself is high altitude trek. So the weather is the various son on the EBC trek according to the altitudes. Nepal has 4 seasons.
Spring – March April and May falls in the spring season. Spring is also the main trekking season naturally beautiful seasons where is clean and greenery on earth. Views and photography are the best in this season.
Summer – After the ending of the spring starting of the summer season in Nepal. Summer is a low trekking season known as monsoon season here. So trekking to EBC in summer is less crowed but sometime you may see the nice views.
Autumn – September, October, and November are Autumn in Nepal. Autumn is the main best season for Everest base camp trek. The temperature in Autumn is moderate and good for trekking.
Winter– December, January, and February are the winter in Nepal. The temperature became extremely cold and lots of snow falls on the high pass of the trek. However, people can do Everest base camp trek even in the winter season too.
4. What about the time and distance of the EBC trek?
Journey to Everest base camp trek in 2020 starting with adventures flight to Lukla. Where trek starting foothills of the Himalayas of Everest and its surrounding Himalayas. Normally EBC trekking distance depends on where you start and end the trek. Moreover, the Everest base camp trek is about 130 km round trip walk starting from Lukla to Everest base camp and back to Lukla. However, you have to walk around 5 to 7 hours each day even it’s depending ibn your walking speed as well.
5. How difficult is EBC trekking?
Everest base camp trekking is difficult or moderates it’s all depending on your physical fitness and previous experience of the trek. However, EBC trekking is difficult for average people. While you trek to more high altitude obviously you would have to do more labors to reach the base camp and Kalapathar. Normally you have to walk about 5 to 7 hours each day on your trek.
6. What are the trekking routes of EBC trekking?
Lukla is the main gateway to the Everest base camp. Previously people walk through Jiri to EBC however these days Lukla is quite famous for the entrance to Everest. There are several routes for reaching to Everest base camp. Below are the main route gateways to the EBC-
7. How is the altitude sickness of Everest base camp trek?
While trekking lower to higher altitude some people may have altitudes sickness problems on EBC trek. While you trek above 4000 meters you will feel a bit low oxygen sometimes people may have symptoms’ of AMS problem. There are mainly three types of mountain sickness which are given below-
AMS – AMS is the normal type of altitude sickness. Headache dizziness and vomiting are the main symptoms’ of AMS.
HAPE – HA middle and dangerous types of altitude sickness its hit in the lungs.
HACE – HACE is a last and dangerous altitude sickness which directly hit in the brain.
8. What types of food and drinks available on Everest base camp trek?
Food and drinks are the main things for EBC trekking which every trekker should know. Nowadays there are different types so the hotel is available on the trek and they serve different types of dishes. Even though, good quality of food is available on the Everest base camp trek in 2020. Besides, that you will found western food, Chinese, Indian and continental many more on the trek. Moreover, Lukla and Namchebazar have nice coffee and bakery shop. So you can choose and type of food from the menu and enjoy your test.
9. What is the packing list of Everest base camp trekking?
Before you going to Everest base camp trek you have to bring good equipment and gears. You have to make your bag pack easy and comfort for the trek. That is to say, while if you have good enough clothing and gears obviously your trekking will be best if not trekking may not be a comfort. For more information about trekking clothes and gears, you can visit here EBC trek clothing.
10. How much Everest base camp trek package cost?
Budget is very important for Everest trek which makes your trek good or bad. The price for Everest base camp trek is depending on the types of service which you choose. Normally Everest base camp trek starting from the US $ 1000 to $ 2500 per person it’s all depending on your package service which you needed.
11. What bout Kathmandu to Lukla Kathmandu’s flight?
Kathmandu to Lukla flight is normally a 30-minute fight. Kathmandu to Lukla flight is almost 140Km flight for straight flight. Whereas Lukla Tenzing Hillary airport is known as one of the dangerous airports in the world. Even though Sometime Kathmandu to Lukla flight may not fly on time due to the unpredictable weather in the Himalayas region so sometime there may be flight delayed and flight cancelation is normal for this reason. Next, we may not get flight tickets on time during high season due to the maximum flow of tourists to Everest trek. You can aloud to carry 15 kg in total for the Lukla flight if you have more then need to pay extra.
Therefore, while there is bad weather Lukla to Kathmandu may not occur on time may be delayed in that case you have to bring the extra budget for extra days expenses.
12. What types of accommodations available on Everest base camp trek?
Travelers should know about accommodations in the EBC trek. After long walking every day on EBC trek and finding good accommodation is a significant part of the Everest trek. Some hotel has attached bathroom and most don’t have. You will have accommodation as your budget plan which you paid for the service.
Furthermore, these days there is available of friendly accommodations from budget to luxury hotel in most of the part Everest base camp trek like Lukla, Phakding, Namche has the luxury hotel. We have to book all accommodations in advance for EBC trekking during high seasons.
13. Is there any age limit for Everest base camp trek?
Everest base camp trek can do anyone, of course, there is no age limit for the Everest base camp trek. Even any age of the people can easily join to EBC trek. Normally people having 8 years up to 75 years old can do EBC trek. However, doing Everest base camp trek is depends on people their interest and physical fitness which is highly recommended.
14. Are there ATM and money exchange available on Everest base camp trek?
ATM and money are very important to know on the EBC trek. Only Namche and Lukla have ATM and money exchange and banking system is available on Everest base camp trekking. Similarly, before you are heading to Everest trek have to bring enough cash from Kathmandu sometime ATM may not properly in that area and you may have a financial problem on the trek.
15. Is there communication and internet system available on EBC trek?
Internet and communications are a crucial part of the Everest base camp trekking. Internet and communication may affect trek while we don’t have such an approach. Moreover these days there is available of the communication system and internet access in most parts of the EBC trek. Although, every hotel has an internet system either WIFI or Everest link to use. Some areas of the EBC trekking area can cover the network of mobile phones. Even we Sunrise Adventure treks will have an extension part of the communications system with satellite phones while we have a big group for the trekking. Some hotels may have satellite phone calls.
16. How about drinking water and beverage available during EBC trek?
Every hotel has available bottled drinking water and beverage of EBC trek. You have to drink about 3 to 4 liters of water every day on the trek. Drinks including hot water, soups, tea coffee, beverage drinks so on. Consequently, we highly recommend you to use boiled water, water purification tablets, water filters rather than using plastic bottle water. All the drinking bottled water and beverage is expensive while you trek above 4000 meters.
17. What is the weight limit of my baggage to Everest base camp trek?
All the airlines have the same weight limits for Lukla flight and even you have to bring only limit weight for your Everest trek. If you have heavyweight you can hire a porter from the government registered trekking company in Kathmandu. You can be allowed to carry 5 kg hand-carry and 10 kg baggage for your Lukla flight. If you want to carry more than 15 kg have to pay extra directly to the airlines.
18. How about tips to guide and porters during EBC trek?
Tipping is personal things and depending on the happiness and service of the guides and porters. Normally we recommend you about the US $ 10 per day per person is tipping to guides and porters. You can give tips at the end of your trekking. Some people give tipping about 10 % of your tour cost. Furthermore, you can tips more as your happiness and as your budget plan.
19. How are guides and porters on EBC trek?
We do always recommend you o take guides and porters on trekking to EBC. Trekking solo without guide and porters is not good regarding your safety and service. If you are solo or in group trek to EBC at least you can take one either guide or porter on the trek. Guide and porters in our company are the professional ones. Similarly, all the guides and porters from Sunrise Adventure trek are well train and skillful in their work in the mountains. Most of the guides have more than 15 years of guiding experience in the Himalayas and porters are also a few years’ experience.
20. What about travel insurance for EBC trek?
Everest base camp trek is one of the main adventure treks in the Everest region. There are a lot of things which help to secure while you have good travel insurance. First, our all team guides and porters have their good travel insurance from our company. Besides that, we recommend you all our clients make good travel insurance before you are going to Everest base camp trekking. We don’t do any travel insurance to our clients it’s their own risk. While you have good travel insurance you will be safe from everything like – cover from high altitude sickness, accidental illness, baggage lost or delayed, trip cancelation or delayed.
Sometimes unexpected happen without imagination so on your trip so we suggest make good travel insurance before you travel.
21. How can I found a trekking agency for EBC trek?
The best trekking agency is mainly concerned for Everest base camp trek to everyone. We are the best leading trekking agency located in Thamel, Kathmandu.
Sunrise Adventure trek is the best trekking and tour operator Company in Nepal because of our expert team. We always provide safety adventure and first-hand service from our local expertise. We do always provide 24 hours of safety service to our clients. Our trip package and service from our team members. We have government certify guides and porters in our company. Sunrise Adventure Trek has good and reviews in TripAdvisor and good feedback from our past clients.
In nutshell –
Astonishing picture square of beautiful mountains with Mt. Everest and Khumbu ice falls is the next glimpse of the Everest base camp trek. Finally, enjoy unlimited adventure and massif sunrise and sunset views of the Everest and other great Himalayas during the trek to EBC. Thus, you can explore the hidden wilderness of Sagarmatha national park, Sherpa lifestyle and unique landscape is the major attraction of the Everest base camp trekking.