- Where is Langtang located?
- How Difficult Langtang Region Trek?
- How long is Langtang Region Trek?
- What type of Physical fitness do I have for Langtang Region Trekking?
- What is the Best time to go to Langtang Region Trek?
- What type of Accommodation available during Lantang region Trekking?
- What are the highlights of Lantang Trek?
- Why do I need guide and porter for Langtang Region Trek?
- What should I bring during Langtang Region Trek?
- Is there any ATMs facility available during Langtang Region trek?
- How does Langtang name come from?
- What about the internet and battery charge during Langtang trip?
- Do I need travel insurance for Langtang region tour?
- What about altitude sickness during the Langtang trek?
- What about meals and drinking water in Langtang trek?
- What about communication during the Langtang trek?
Where is Langtang located?
Langtang region, located at the northern part of the Kathmandu valley. Langtang is about 90 km away from Kathmandu. It is bordered by Tibet, protected the Langtang National Parks. Numbers of high peaks located here including Langtang Lirung (7246m).
How Difficult Langtang Region Trek?
This trip is regarded as a moderate trip. You have to walk almost 5-6 hours per days. The route of someplace is steeply ascending or descending. Well, you will require the average level of physical fitness. If you are planning to trek first time, Langtang can be the best option to start with.
How long is Langtang Region Trek?
Langtang region trip is minimum for 5 days to the maximum for 20 days. However, it depends on your holidays and interest and route of trekking in Langtang.
What type of Physical fitness do I have for Langtang Region Trekking?
Langtang trek is moderate to difficult trip depending on the different trek. Hence, it doesn’t require a high level of physical fitness. But being fit is very helpful to enjoy the walk without any stress. However, doing regular exercise is best for you to go trek.
What is the Best time to go to Langtang Region Trek?
Autumn (September-November), is regarded as the best season for the trek in Nepal. In the season you can experience the beautiful mountain, green hills. Generally, the weather is clear with mild to warm days and cold nights. Nepalese festivals Dashain and Tihar are celebrated on this season.
Winter (December- February), in the season, the Himalayan region freezes and the snowfalls. In higher altitude trekking could be challenging because the trail can be covered with snow.
Spring (March-May) is also the good season for the trek. During this season, flowers blooms, lush greenery, and sparkling mountains is an excellent background to spring trekking.
Summer (June-August) is the monsoon season. Trekking is very uncomfortable because the trail becomes muddy and wet.
What type of Accommodation available during Lantang region Trekking?
Due to the Earthquake, some of the guesthouses were destroyed but these days most of the guesthouse is built. Although you would get guest houses there. So, you have the option either sleep in the tea house or you can sleep in tent camps or tea houses depending on your interest.
What are the highlights of Lantang Trek?
In Langtang, there are many places for the trek. There you can experience many natural things like floors, fauna, forests, etc. some of the important highlights of the Langtang region are:
- Spectacular views of the Himalayas like Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa.Friendly people, beautiful environment and Tamang and Gurung cultures
- Climbing Kyanjin Ri
- Panoramic view of Annapurna ranges
- Explore of enchanting streams, waterfalls,
- Rhododendron forest, famous monasteries, and Cheese factory
- Explore Rich Tamang culture and visit beautiful Langtang, Gosaikundo Lake
Why do I need guide and porter for Langtang Region Trek?
Guide and porter are very important for your trip because they help you to make your trip more convenient and comfortable. We will provide you guide with certificate and well trainer. They have also good knowledge of the trail, community culture, and lifestyle of that place. So that you will not get any trouble to eat and stay for the night. In this trip, you have to walk around 5-6 hours. So it may be difficult for your trip along with bags. In that case, porter helps you to carry your baggage for you. They are very honest too.
What should I bring during Langtang Region Trek?
While the plan for the trek you should well prepare before you start your trip. Cloths will vary a little according to the season and the trek duration.
• Sunglasses with UV protection
• Headlamp with extra batteries and blubs
• The warm hat that covers your ears
• Bandana or headscarf
• Down vest/jacket
• Waterproof shell jacket
• Light and expedition weight thermal tops
• Gore-Tex jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
• 1 pair of lightweight poly-liner gloves
• 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
• 1 pair of mittens
• 1 pair of Hiking shorts
• 1 pair of hiking trousers
• 1 pair of fleece or woollen trousers
• 1 pair of waterproof shell pants
• few pairs of thin inner socks
• 1 pairs of hiking boots, sandals
• 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
• You need to have 1 sleeping bag temperature – 10 to -20 degrees Celcius.
Is there any ATMs facility available during Langtang Region trek?
It may difficult to find out bank or ATN in this place. So it’s better to take enough cash from Kathmandu for your trek. So that you will have to face any kind of cash problem in your trek.
How does Langtang name come from?
According to the local language, the word ‘Langtang’ has its own meaning. This word comes from Tibetan –‘Lang’ means Yak and ‘Teng’ means to follow.
What about the internet and battery charge during Langtang trip?
Most of the place of Langtang has the solar system and some have hydroelectricity system. If you want to charge your camera, cell phone, battery, in that case, you should pay extra cash for that. In other hands, it’s safe to carry your electronics with you.
How many hours do I need to walk for Langtang trek?
You have to walk almost 5-6 hours per day. The route of someplace is steeply ascending or descending.
Do I need travel insurance for Langtang region tour?
Travel insurance is very important and the main thing for any traveller while travelling to other countries. So it’s necessary to do travel insurance while taking Langtang trip.
What about altitude sickness during the Langtang trek?
Altitude sickness is also known as mountain sickness. Mountain sickness is the main problem for any mountain trekkers. Sometime trekkers might have altitude sickness during Langtang trek There are different types of sickness like-
AMS – Acute Mountain sickness – AMS is a very common sickness like a hangover, dizziness, muscle ache, nausea, headache, vomiting and many more.
HAPE – High Altitude Pulmonary Edema – HAPE direct impact on lungs it’s fluid in the lungs which are dangerous for breathing.
HACE- High Altitude Cerebral Edema – HACE it’s the different form of altitude sickness its fluid in the brains
Thus, HACE and HAPE are the main dangerous and life-threatening form of mountain sickness. The patient has to treat on time if not treated on time if late they may die. Whereas AMS is normal mountain sickness then HACE and HAPE.
What about meals and drinking water in Langtang trek?
Mostly you will get there Dal Bhaat. rice is served in Nepali style with vegetable curry, salad, lentils, chutney, and meat. Although, you can get different types of food like Continental, Chinese, Indian, Italian there Dal Bhaat. Rice is served in Nepali style with vegetable curry, salad, Lentils, chutney and cooked. On the other hand regarding drinking water, you have to bring water purification tablets from Kathmandu or you can buy bottled water on trek. Next, there is available for safe drinking water in every hotel or you can also buy boil water too.
What about communication during the Langtang trek?
Most of the place has a good network system of Nell and NTC. However, someplace may not cover the network connection. Otherwise, you can easily use NTC or Ncell phone no. Our guide and porter have also the cellphone to contact.