Highlight of the Annapurna base camp trek –
- Exploring the marvelous views of many stunning mountains like Annapurna South (7219m\23684ft.), Annapurna III (7555m\24786ft.), Gangapurna (7454m\24457ft.) and Machhapuchhre (6993m\22942ft.).
- Different wild animals : leopards, musk deer, spotted deer, pikas etc. in beautiful pine and bamboo forest. Different cultures Mongolian of like: Gurung, Magar, Rai, Limbu, Tamang and their cultures.
- Beautiful landscape & stunning sunrise views of the Annapurna range and other beautiful Mountains.
- Trekking in Annapurna region is the best combination of natural and historical contents. While you do Pokhara tour you observe many beautiful lakes and amazing caves as well in Pokhara . Beautiful sunrise view from Ghorepani and Poonill is memorable part of the trek. You can stay overnight in Annapurna base camp.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Drive form Kathmandu to Pokhara and Nayapul (2 hrs) – trek to Tikhedhunga (1570m) or Ulleri (1940m) 4-5 hrs – B.L.D
Day 03: Tikhedhunga (1570m) – Ghorepani (2750m) 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day 04: Ghorepani (2750m) – Poon Hill (3210m) – Tadapani (2650m) 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day 05: Tadapani (2650m) – Chomrong (2170m) – 5 hrs – B.L.D
Day 06: Chomrong (2170m) – Dovan (2600m) 6-7 hrs – B.L.D
Day 07: Dovan (2600m) – Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m) 7-8 hrs – B.L.D
Day 08: Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m) – Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) 3 hrs (1/2 day hike to glacier at higher elevation optional) – B.L.D
Day 09: Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) – Bamboo (2310m) 7-8 hrs – B.L.D
Day 10: Bamboo (2310m) – Jhinu Danda (1780m) via Chomrong; visit hot springs 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day 11: Trek back to Pokhara – B.L.D
Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu Drive – B.D
Day 13: Farewell/Departure – B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is trek to Annapurna Base Camp and how can we prepare?
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp is very challenging and life changing experience can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. As altitude is one of the main reasons of sickness, people with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs will not be appropriate for such trekking. It’s not just like a walk around the park; there are numerous ups and downs during trekking. So, you should be well prepared for trekking.
2. What about safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Annapurna Base Camp trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
4. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English languages during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding languages.
5. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping which is up to your happiness, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
6. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Annapurna Base Camp trek?
Trek to Everest Base Camp with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are a solo traveler, you have a private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from the hotel either you can bring water tablets.
7. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.