Chandragiri Hill Hiking is the best hiking destination around Kathmandu valley situated at the south with the height of 2250 covered by evergreen forest, 14.5 km far from center Thamel. This hiking offers the scenic view of Kathmandu Valley, local people culture, lifestyle, flora, and fauna. The environment of that place is very clean which make u feel relaxation and fantastic. You can also view the panoramic view of the Langtang, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal range.
Similarly, Chandragiri hiking route is recently opened route. The starting point of this hiking is bottom of Cable car station. The trail leads through Chandragiri cable car pillar, the small village, and forest. There you can enjoy the route with peace of mountain. Almost you have to walk 3 hours and you will also get there tea and coffees in the local tea shop which is very best in taste. However you will have experience of local people and their lifestyle. And after walking one hour you will be in Chandragiri Hill at 2550m.
After reaching there you can enjoy spectacular mountains views west to east including Mt. Annapurna Range, Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang Dorje Lakpa and Gaurishankar mountains ranges. That place is also the best place for observation of the verities of birds, many different kinds of Medical plants, herbs, shrubs in Chandragiri forest sub-tropical zone (1300-2500).
Almost at 6-8 hours will need completing your day trip. But if you spend more night then you will get the opportunity to experience sunrise view over the mountain, after completion of this hiking, you experience how the people of the region follows lifestyle culture.
In conclusion, Chandragiri Hiking is rich in beauty and flora and fauna with Many excellent Mountains, wild animals, many species of plants and birds, scenic view of entire Kathmandu valley and finally drive back to Kathmandu.
Trip Highlights of Chandragiri Hill Hiking
- Enjoy the Panoramic view of Mount Langtang, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal.
- Visit Bhaleshawor Temple
- Birds and butterfly watching
- Amazing sunrise view of the beautiful Himalayas
- Grand view of Kathmandu valley
- Explore around 150 types of medicine plants
- Beautiful landscape of view with evergreen forest
- Trip Duration:- 1 day trip around 5 to 7 hours
- Minimum Pax:- 1 person
- Trip difficulties:- Easy short and interesting
- Best Season:- All season of the year
- Trip Activities:- Hiking, Driving, Sight seen / Tour, Cable Car
- Trip Destination:- Chandragiri Hill, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Max. Altitude :- 2550m
- Transportation :- Private car/Jeep/Van/Bus
Chandragiri hill cable car ticket prices
Ticket price Nepalese SAARC Chinese Foreigners
One way NPR 415 NPR 664 USD 9 USD 13
Both way NPR 700 NPR 1120 USD 15 USD 22
- Chandragiri Hiking also possible to do one-way hiking ascending or descending by cable car for short day tour
- You can extend your day hike for one and overnight for multi day around Chandragiri
- Professional guide and private tourist transportation if needed porter as well
- You can also do 5 to 7 hours day tour either starting in the morning or in midday
- Massif view of mountains like Manaslu, Langtang range, Gaurishankar, Ganesh Himal etc.
- Price depending on solo or group so price is flexible in your request.
After around half hours drive you will reach at hiking point. Once you reach starts to hike through evergreen forest at the bottom of the cable car bottom station or from Mathatirtha. During the hiking you will enjoy view of Kathmandu valley trace. Different kinds of birds and wild animals. While you climb upper part you can see the massif views of himalayas range.
You can see the countryside and farmland around. At the top of the hill you will feel slightly cold in the winter and best time in summer.