The highlight of Everest Gokyo Lake trek
- Everest Gokyo Lake trek is famous trek which is an opportunity to observe the tallest peaks. Stunning mountains view like Cho you (8188m\26864ft.), Gyachung Kang (7952m\260ft.), Everest (8848m\29028ft.), Lhotse (8516m\27940ft.) and many more.
- Everest region trek provides you views of biggest Sherpa village and monasteries where you can explore the famous Sherpa culture, their tradition, rituals, and beliefs.
- Budget able and friendly trip itinerary all-inclusive package with 3 meals every day
- The main attraction of this trek is enchanting Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri and world’s biggest glacier, Ngozumpa Glacier, Khumbu icefalls. Trek to Gokyo provides you unforgettable moments of your life
Trip Summarize –
Everest Gokyo Lake / Ri Trek is most fascinating trek which is situated in 5350m above sea level. It’s attractive journey passing through Goki Ri and Goko lake to go to Everest base camp. In Gokyo Lake Trekking we get to enjoy the true scenery of Nepal including the tallest mountains like Cho you Gyachung Kang, Everest (8848), Lhotse etc.
One of the breathtaking moments is when you can enjoy the up-close view of Himalayas. First, fly to Lukla and passing through the hills and valleys, visit monasteries, Sherpa villages. Luka is trekking point of Everest region. Savor the stunningly beautiful views of Gokyo lakes. To know the people lifestyle and culture are the major attraction of the Gokyo cholla pass trek. We can see the better views of the Everest and surrounding Himalayas from Gokyo Ri fascinating glaciers are the next famous fascinating place to explore.
However, its also a bit difficult and adventure trail to go to Everest base camp with conquering the high passes if you have more days you can go to Everest base camp trek with Gokyo Chola pass. Gokyo Lake trek is a similar height as Everest base camp trek but conquering the glaciers and lakes from the trail.
Visiting the biggest Sherpa village – Khumjung village, nice rivers is another attraction during the trek because we can see the village and visit exotic monasteries. The Hillary School and finally return to Namche for the overnight stay, then back to Lukla and fly to Kathmandu. Gokyo Lake trekking is one of the best trekking in Nepal to explore great glaciers.
Day: 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day: 2 Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation – B
Day: 3 Kathmandu – Lukla Flight (40-45 min) & Lukla – Phakding Trek (866ft., 2640m.): 3 – 4 hours – B.L.D
Day: 4 Phakding – Namche Bazaar trek (3440m., 11319ft.): 5 – 6 hours – B.L.D
Day: 5 Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar – B.L.D
Day: 6 Trek to Phorste Thanga (3680 meters) – 5 hours – B.L.D
Day: 7 Trek to Machhermo (4470 meters) -5 hours – B.L.D
Day: 8 Trek to Gokyo (4790 meters) -5.30 hours – B.L.D
Day: 9 Trek to Gokyo Ri (5483m.) and then Back to Gokyo -5 hours – B.L.D
Day: 10 Trek to Dole (4200 meters) 6 hour – B.L.D
Day: 11 Trek to Namche Bazzar – B.L.D
Day: 12 Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hour – B.L.D
Day: 13 Morning flight to Kathmandu from Lukla -35 min – B. D
Day: 14 Transfer for your final flight and departure. – B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is trek to Everest Gokyo Lake and how can we prepare?
Trekking to Gokyo Lake is an easy trek as compared to others. And our company also provides well skilled guides and potters to help you during the trek. People with weak ankles, lungs, hearts problems may suffer more difficulty on trekking. Well preparation is needed for every trek.
2. What about safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Everest Base Camp trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
4. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English languages during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding languages.
5. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping which is up to your happiness, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
6. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Everest Gokyo Lake trek?
Trek to Everest Base Camp with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
7. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.
8. What about the weather conditions and Lukla flight?
Firstly, we have to take a flight to Lukla in the morning then we start trek from Lukla but sometimes due to the air traffic and weather problems, the flight may be delayed or canceled. Due to uncertainty of Lukla weather, we are not sure about untimed flight. If there will be frequent weather problem, we do arrange a flight by helicopter chopper and for this you have to pay additionally.
9. What is the limitation of weight to Lukla flight and where do I store my extra bags?
You can carry 10 kg luggage plus 5 kg handbag and if you want to carry more than the limit you have to pay extra charges. You can keep your extra bags in your hotel or in the office in Kathmandu.