Everest base camp trek through Salleri is one of the best alternative treks to EBC. You can enjoy a jeep drive from Kathmandu to Phaplu, Kharikola and Bupsa and continue two days trek to reach Phaking. All the way bus/ jeep journey from Kathmandu to Salleri is about 11 to 12 hours, next drive Kharikhola and Buspa is a quite long drive. You can enjoy the fantastic views of landscapes, countryside, the Himalayas is a great experience during the bus/ jeep drive. Everest base camp trek through Salleri and Phaplu is a great experience to enjoy long holidays to the EBC trek. The road from Salleri to Bupsa and Lukla/ Chaurikharka is on construction will be finished in the fiscal year. You can also do a short Everest base camp trek if you have a limit time.
Likewise, you can start your trek either from Salleri or Bupsadanda. Kathmandu to Salleri you will drive via B.P highway once you reach Salleri can take the private jeep to Busadanda. Once you reach Bupsadanda you can start your trek to Phakding enjoying the great landscapes. While you start you’re trekking from Salleri to Everest base camp you will have good altitude fitness while you start your trek from a lower altitude and can avoid dangerous flight Kathmandu to Lukla.
Moreover, you can enjoy the fresh mountains foods where most of the vegetables and curry they pick up from their own farmland which directly help to promote eco-tourism. You can also see Mount Everest at 8848m, Makalu 8463m, Gaurisankar 7135 meter etc. from Pattale Village. Once you reach the Lukla and can see the many trekkers who are from Kathmandu to Lukla and start their trek onwards to EBC.
Below Luka called Sulu and above Lukla called Khumbu this way we called name Solukhumbu. You can see the great Himalayas on the way to Everest base camp. You can see the business trade market at Namche Bazar. Finally, Sunrise Adventure treks will completely arrange your EBC trek. You can see the amazing view of Mt. Everest and Lhotse from Tengboche and Dingboche. You will have a great experience of the Sherpa cultures and the beautiful highest Himalaya of the world during your Salleri to Everest base camp trek. The best season to do this trek is March to May and September to November even you can do any month of the year.
- Arrival in Kathmandu
- Drive Kathamndu to Jubing 1900 m/ Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300 m, Surke 2300m Charrikharka about 11/12 hours drive – B.L.D
- Trek Kharikola to Surke/ 5 hrs – B.L.D
- Trek Surke to Phakding / 5 hrs – B.L.D
- Phakding – Namche Bazaar trek (3440m., 11319ft.): 5 – 6 hours – B.L.D
- Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar & Hike to Khumjung (3970m., 13020ft.): 5 hours – B.L.D
- Trek to Tengboche (3860m., 12694ft.): 6 – 7 hours – B.L.D
- Trek to Dingboche (4410m., 14300ft.): 5 – 6 hours – B.L.D
- Dingboche: Acclimatization – B.L.D
- Trek to Lobuche (4910m., 16207ft.): 5 hours – B.L.D
- Treks to Everest Base Camp then Back to Gorakshep – B.L.D
- Hike to Kalapatthar (5550m., 16962ft.): 2hr 30min then trek down to Periche (4200m.): 7 hours – B.L.D
- Trek back Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3441m.): 6 hours – B.L.D
- Trek Namche bazar to Surke 2290m – 6 to 8 hrs – B.L.D
- Trek Surke to Jubing 1900m, Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300 m, Surke 290m /5 hrs trek – B.L.D
- Drive Jubing 1900 m, Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300m to Surke 2290m to finallt o ktm – B.L.D
- Departure day – B