- Get a scenic, adventure flight of Lukla for Trekking to the world’s best trekking trail in the Himalaya
- Walking to the Sagarmatha national park, Khumbu glaciers, Tengboche monastery. Experience the Sherpa lifestyle and their cultures.
- Enjoy panoramic views of stunning Mt. Everest and other Himalayan range such as Lhotse ( 8516m\27939ft.), Nuptse (7861m\25790ft.), Amadablam (6812m\22349 ft.). Thamserku (6622m\21729), Khangtega, Kongde Peak and many more.
- Visit around the local market of Namche Bazaar, the beautiful Tengboche monastery.
- Breathtaking views of Everest region, Khumbu Ice falls, Everest Base Camp.
- Budget able and friendly trip itinerary all-inclusive package with 3-time meals every day.
- The viewpoint of Kalapathar 5550 m several beautiful villages, waterfalls. Great chance to explore amazing Himalayas, floras, and faunas.
- Get an opportunity to pray on the oldest Tyanngboche Buddhism monasteries in Khumbu Mount (Everest Region)
- Experience the view of the world’s highest Mount Everest, world’s fourth highest Mountain Lhotse, fifth highest Mountain Makalu, and the 360-degree view of many other Himalaya range
Trek outline itinerary:
Day: 1 Arrive in Kathmandu Altitude: 1,350m/4,428ft
Day: 2 Kathmandu – Lukla Flight (30-35 min) & Lukla – Phakding Trek (866ft., 2640m.): 3 - 4 hours - B.L.D
Day: 3 Phakding – Namche Bazaar trek (3440m., 11319ft.): 5 – 6 hours - B.L.D
Day: 4 Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar & Hike to Khumjung (3970m., 13020ft.): 5 hours - B.L.D
Day: 5 Trek to Tengboche (3860m., 12694ft.): 6 – 7 hours - B.L.D
Day: 6 Trek to Dingboche (4410m., 14300ft.): 5 – 6 hours - B.L.D
Day: 7 Dingboche: Acclimatization - B.L.D
Day: 8 Trek to Lobuche (4910m., 16207ft.): 5 hours - B.L.D
Day: 9 Treks to Everest Base Camp then Back to Gorakshep - B.L.D
Day: 10 Hike to Kalapatthar (5550m., 16962ft.): 2hr 30min then trek down to Periche (4200m.): 7 hours - B.L.D
Day: 11 Trek back to Namche Bazaar (3441m.): 6 hours - B.L.D
Day: 12 Trek to Lukla: 7 hours - B.L.D
Day: 13 Fly back to Kathmandu – B. D
Day: 14 Farewell & Departure - B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is EBC trek and how can I Prepare?
Trek to Everest Base Camp is very challenging and life changing experience can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. As altitude is one of the main reasons of sickness, people with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs will not be appropriate for such trekking. It’s not just like a walk around the park; there are numerous ups and downs during trekking. So, you should be well prepared for trekking to Everest Base Camp.
2. What about the safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in EBC trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about the weather conditions and Lukla flight?
Firstly, we have to take a flight to Lukla in the morning then we start trek from Lukla but sometimes due to the air traffic and weather problems, the flight may be delayed or canceled. Due to uncertainty of Lukla weather, we are not sure about untimed flight. If there will be frequent weather problem, we do arrange a flight by helicopter chopper and for this you have to pay additionally.
4. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
5. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English language during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding language.
6. Do I need to give tips to guiding potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping, but normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
7. What is the limitation of weight to Lukla flight and where do I store my extra bags?
You can carry 10 kg luggage plus 5 kg hand bag and if you want to carry more than the limit you have to pay extra charges. You can keep your extra bags in your hotel or in the office in Kathmandu.
8. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on EBC trek?
Trek to Everest Base Camp with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are a solo traveler, you have a private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.