Highlight of the Jomsom Muktinath Trek –
- Jomsom Muktinath Trekking is famous for both Hindus and Buddhist pilgrimages. Trekking to the part of Annapurna circuit and passing by beautiful settlements, provides you a great chance to explore the local culture of many Mongolian people like Gurung, Magar, Rai etc., following their own traditions, customs, norms, and rituals.
- Explore world deepest Kaligaandaski George, and Kaligandaki valley natural hot bath in Tatopani and great seen of Annapurna massif and other neighboring Himalayas.
- Visiting Hindu and Buddhist holiest Muktinath temple and enjoy with the Thakali and Rai cultures.
- Along with this, trek offers you beautiful stunning view of massif Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges.
Day: 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1345m/4428ft)
Day: 2 Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara(850m/2700ft) & trek to Tikhedhunga (1577m/) – 35 min flight, 1 hrs drive, 5 hrs trek – B.L.D
Day: 3 Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2750m/9020ft) – 6/7 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 4 Ghorepani – Hike to Poonhill & trek to Tatopani (1190m/3904ft) – 6/7 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 5 Tatopani to Ghasa (2110m/6922ft) – 5/6 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 6 Ghasa to Tukuche (2560m/8398ft) – 5.5 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 7 Tukuche to Kagbeni (2800m/9186ft)- – B.L.D
Day: 8 Kagbeni to Muktinath (3710m/12170ft) – 5/6 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 9 Muktinath to Jomsom (2715m/8910ft)- 5/6 hrs – B.L.D
Day: 10 Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara (Flight optional) – B.L.D
Day: 11 Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. – B.D
Day: 12 Departure/Farewell – B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is trek to Jomsom/ Mukti Nath and how can we prepare?
Trekking to Jomsom/Mukti Nath is an easy trek as compared to others. And our company also provides well skilled guides and potters to help you during the trek. People with weak ankles, lungs, hearts problems may suffer more difficulty on trekking. Well preparation is needed for every trek.
2. What about safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Jomsom/Mukti Nath trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
4. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English languages during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding languages.
5. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping which is up to your happiness, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
6. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Jomsom/Mukti Nath trek?
Trek to Annapurna region with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
7. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.