- The world’s third highest mountain Kanchenjunga Base camp Trek offers stunning Himalaya scenery of Mt. Everest, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga many other snow-capped mountains
- Explore Buddhist cultures, Yalung Ri base camp explore wildlife and the great Himalayas.Stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga, Climbing and Camping. Exploring Rhododendron forests, Sightseeing ancient Kathmandu valley.
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar – Taplaijung. Crossing Mirgin La pass and flora, fauna and fascinating local cultures.
- Massif view of mountains beautiful flora and fauna and mt. Kanchenjunga base camp.
- The Kanchenjunga Base Camop
Day1: Arrival in Airport
Day2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu - B
Day3: Fly from Kathmandu to Suketar (Taplejung) then trek to Jogidanda (2059m/6755ft.) – B.L.D
Day4: Jogidanda to Chirwa (1800m/5905ft.) – 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day5: Chirwa to Sekathum (1660m/5446ft.) – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day6: Sekathum to Amjilosa (2510m/8234ft.) – 5 hrs – B.L.D
Day7: Amjilassa to Kyapar (2730m/8956ft.) – 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day8: Kyapar to Ghunsa (3695m/12122ft.) – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day9: Ghunsa to Khambachen (4099m/13448ft.) 6-7 hrs – B.L.D
Day10: Rest Day Explore the Khambachen (4099m/13448ft.) – B.L.D
Day11: Khambachen to Lhonak (4785m/15698ft.) – B.L.D
Day12: Lonak to Pang Pema (5143m/16873ft.) 6 – 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day13: Pang Pema (5243m/17201ft.) – 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day14: Pang Pema to Khanbachen (4040m/13254ft.) – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day15: Khangpachen to Phole (3100m/10170ft.) – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day16: Phole to Amjilassa (2500m/8202ft.) – 7 hrs – B.L.D
Day17: Trek to Tapehok (1300m/4265ft.) - 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day18: Trek to Phoram (1650m/5413ft.) – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day19: Trek to Suketar (2440m/8005ft.) – 5 hrs – B.L.D
Day20: Drive to Ilam & Bhirtamod – 6 hrs – B.L.D
Day21: Drive to Bhadrapur & Flight to Kathmandu – B
Day22: Kathmandu Rest & Join Cultural Dinner Program – D
Day23: Departure & Farewell – B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is trek to Kanchenjunga and how can we prepare?
Trek to Kanchenjunga is restricted and moderate type trekking, can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. People with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs may have to suffer much difficulty in trekking.
2. What about safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Kanchenjunga trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
4. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English languages during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding languages.
5. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping which is up to your happiness, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
6. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Kanchenjunga trek?
Trek to Kanchenjunga with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
7. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.