The highlight of Nagarkot Hiking / Trekking
- Most popular day hiking trail near Kathmandu in Bhaktapur district
- Experience the beautiful scenery of much Himalaya range view
- Feel with the local people culture in the local village
- Best place for Sunrise, Sunset, and place to see Mount Everest from near Kathmandu
- Enjoy with the beautiful valley, Terrace and many more
Nagarkot is one of the most pleasant hiking and biking destination to the viewpoint near Kathmandu. It is a trail 32 Km east from Kathmandu in Bhaktapur district of Bagmati zone. There are several good walks in and around Nagarkot such as Nature walk, view tower walk, Tamang village walk etc. The hill station is famous for sightseeing of the Himalayas and deep green valleys. Nagarkot Hiking also offers the sunrise view from snow-capped peaks of Himalayan range and a panoramic outlook of the whole Kathmandu valley. The beauty of this place is a lifetime memory for one who visits this place.
Just 38 km far from Kathmandu, Nagarkot is the most accessible and nearest place to take a nice glance of Highest Mountain Everest and also Manaslu, Langtang and Annapurna ranges.
Before Nagarkot was a tourist destination, it was the fort of rulers of Nepal. And because of its strategic location, it was used as the place to keep an eye on other Kingdoms and valleys.
Early in the morning we take drive to Nagarkot. It is one of the closest touristic destinations from where you can see the stunning views of Mountain giants likeManaslu, Langrang and Annapurna Range.
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking Guide
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Airport pickups and drops ina private vehicle
- All necessary paper
- A comprehensive medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- All government and local taxes
- All ground transportation
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the hiking
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the Hiking
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- All government and local taxes
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Personal expenses, Personal equipments
- All kind of beverage including mineral water, hot water and alcoholic drinks
- Travel insuranceNepal visa fee
- International air fare
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
The main benefits of this trekking is that, you can enjoy really the Himalayan views with sunset and sunrise. And also help to burn some fats and sugars making you healthy along the way. You can also enjoy scenic drive along the way with different villages and variety of ethnicity of people.
We organize hiking in Nagarkot for any number of people. If the group consists of more than 16 pax, we will split the group and arrange accordingly. We will assign one trek/hike leader. This arrangement ensures that the group can still go ahead as scheduled itinerary despite any member gets sick on the way in the trekking.
Nagarkot Hiking is considered a easy trek suitable for anyone. No technical skills or use of crampons are required for this trekking. Trekkers who have asthma, allergy or any other diseases related to hurt, lungs should take more precaution for this and any hiking/trekking.
Trekkers as well as hikers need to have traveling insurance which covers the comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this includes air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and medical treatment costs). Insurance companies in Nepal do not provide travelling insurance for the foreigners and the trekkers need to get the travelling insurance from one of the international insurance companies. Sunrise Adventure Trek will have accident insurance for the trekking staff.
Accommodation in Kathmandu will be arranged on twin sharing basis on BB plan except the extra cost for the single supplement (depending on the room availability) according to the choice of the standard of the hotels before and after the trekking. Accommodation during the trekking/Hiking will be arranged at lodges and Standard hotels. The trekkers will have to share washing and toilet facilities.
Trekkers are provided three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during Nagarkot trekking/hiking. They can enjoy wide variety of food from typical Nepali food, Sherpa food, and Tibetan food to all types of international cuisine (Continental, Italian, and Indian). Unlike other trekking companies, Sunrise Adventure Trek allows trekkers to choose the food from the menu at the hotel / lodges in the hike to Nagarkot. When the group is too big for the hotels/ lodges to provide individual dishes, set menu will be arranged in most places. We use the lodges / hotels which serve hygienic, nutritious and good food for the trekkers for them to get enough energy for the hiking.
As Nagarkot Hiking is an easy trail, acclimatization is not necessary. But If anyone feels dizzy, suffer palpitation or severe headaches and loss of appetite, he / she will be moved to the lower altitude immediately or arrange the helicopter rescue in the severe case of AMS and the client has to pay for it.
A short list of clothe is enough for this hike. While choosing the equipment trekkers need give emphasis on two simple aspects: Lightweight and Functional. The items should be lightweight, dependable, and adaptable to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The quality of the trekking equipment you choose has a lot to do with how warm, dry, and safe you will remain. For this reason you have to be critical of quality and the proper fit of clothing.
– T – shirts
– Hiking shorts
– Full sleeves shirts
– Long light weight cotton pants
– Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
– Sun hat
– Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
– Hiking boots
– Thin, lightweight inner socks.
– Trekking bag / Duffle bag ( to carry for the porter )
– Large plastic bags ( to keep items dry inside the trekking bag )
– Water bottle
– Head lamp with spare bulb and batteries
– Personal medicine box
– Sunglasses with UV protection.
– Books, dairy, pen, walkman and any other game instruments
– Quick drying small towel
– Toothbrush / paste
– Face and body moisturizer
– Sun block for lips
– Tissues / toilet rolls
– Wet wipes
– Feminine hygiene products
– Anti bacterial hands wash
All our trek leaders are well experienced who have knowledge of every corner of Nagarkot. Their in-depth knowledge about culture, custom, the geological surroundings as well as their professionalism, sincerity, and their hospitality make your dream of successful trek a enjoyable, memorable event in your life. Although our trek leaders are not highly educated, they are well experienced, professionally trained and posses good leadership skills to operate the trip smoothly. Their smiling faces, loving and caring attitude will make your even a hard walking day a pleasant one.
For Nagarkot trekking, no extra equipments are not necessary. So, porter are not necessary. But to inform you, we are strongly committed to the porters rights. We make sure that they are well paid and have the proper clothing, foot ware and shelter. We are aware that no porter should be asked to carry a load that is too heavy for their physical abilities and the weight limit should be adjusted for altitude, weather and trail condition. We request our members not to have more than 15 kg weight of luggage to give to the porters. All porters are insured for sickness and accident.
Nepal, as a tourist destination is good for all seasons, however, the best seasons for trekking to Nagarkot are Spring (March – May) and Autumn (mid Sept. – mid Dec. ) if you are looking for nice views of clear mountain. This trek can be done in any month except January and February as it is too much cold.