Ramdung Go Peak Climbing Expedition
Easiest but a bit challenging expedition to Ramdung Go Peak Climbing provides you excellent sunrise mount views. Enjoy marvelous and stunning Himalayas like Mt. Everest (8848m\29028ft.), Gaurishankhar (7134m\23406ft.), Melungtse (7181m\23559ft.), Dorje Lakpa (6966m\22854ft.) and many other peaks with amazing surroundings, forest, and wild habitats. Passing through the remote valley provides you a great chance to explore the local culture of Mongolian people. Famous Sherpas people following their own distinct language, tradition, customs, and beliefs.
Looking Ramdung Go Peak Climbing
Ramdung Go Peak 5925m (19438 fits) climbing is relatively easy and a bit challenging peak to climb. The only defector being its location in a remote area and altitude gain. You do not need any experience in climbing but as a climber good physical condition and stamina. Cross difficult Himalayan route with fast adaptation to higher altitude aids very much with the expedition. Most of the climbers use Ramdung Peak as a warm-up peak before climbing higher peaks. The two routes to climb this peak are via North Glacier and ridge.
Similarly, once you reach the top of the mountain you will enjoy an excellent sunrise view of Mt. Everest, Gaurishankhar, Melungtse, Dorje Lakpa, Chobabhamre, and many other peaks. The first ascent was made by the Scottish Himalayan expedition, led by Bill Muray in 1952. And the second summit was done by members of the Merseyside expedition. Since then, Ramdung Go Peak climbing is followed by numerous adventure seekers.
However, we start our trip from Kathmandu by taking a drive to Shigeta. Then gradually, we gain altitude as we move from Shigati to Suri Dobhan to Jagat to Simigaun and to Kharka. Along the way, we experience the tranquility of giant mountains, fabulous high alpine valley, lush forest of pines and rhododendrons with the unspoiled and untouched Sherpa villages. After we reach Bedding, we take rest there and acclimatize properly before hiking toward Na and Yalung Glacier. We then trek toward Ramdung Base Camp and take rest for the upcoming climb. After we successfully summit Ramdung Go Peak than, we trek toward Dorlumbu glacier. We then go through Tashi Lapcha Pass (5755m) and to Thame. From Thame, we trek to famous trekker’s hub of Everest region – Namche. And from Namche, it is all the way back to the civilization of Kathmandu after we trek to Lukla for our flight from Namche. We organize a small get-together celebration on the successful summit of Ramdung Peak Climbing with the team.
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu & trip Preparation
- Drive from Kathmandu to Shigati (950m) & trek to Suri Dobhan
- Suri Dobhan to Jagat (1440m) 5-6 hrs
- Jagat to Simigaun (1990m) 7-8 hrs
- Simigaon to Kharka (2900m) – 6 hrs
- Kharka to Beding (3690m) – 4 hrs
- Beding: Acclimatization
- Beding to Na (4180m) 4-5 hrs
- Na to Yalung Glacier (4750m) 6-7 hrs
- Yalung Glacier to Ramdung Base Camp (5150m) 5-6 hrs
- Base Camp to Ramdung High Camp (5-6 hrs)
- Summit Ramdung Go peak (5925m) back to Base camp
- Reserve Day
- Ramdung Base camp to Dorlumbu Glacier
- Trek to Tashi Lapcha Pass Base Camp – 5 hrs
- Trek to Tashi Lapcha Pass (5755m) & to Thengpo (4370m) 7-8 hrs
- Thengpo to Thame (3820m) – 5 hrs
- Thame to Namche Bazaar (3440m) – 5 hrs
- Rest day at Namche Bazaar
- Namche Bazzar to Phakding to Lukla: 6 – 7 hrs
- Fly Lukla to Kathmandu – 35 minutes
- Farewell & Departure