- Rara Lake (Queen of the lake) getting a popular destination offers the glimpse of culture and scenery, stunning view of snow-capped mountains, gigantic cliffs, terrace.
- A unique Trekking to Rara Lake offers the opportunity to explore Nepal’s biggest, deepest oligotrophic freshwater Lake at an altitude of 2990m/9810ft.
- Enjoy with the deep blue clear magnificent view of Lake, the reflected view of mountains on the lake.
- Rara Lake trek takes to the Hilly village and villagers with own custom, tradition, and culture Visit the lake, Thakurbaba Hindu Temple on the southeast corner of the lake
- The chance to experience the world’s endogenous, unique flora and fauna.
- Rara lake trek unexplored trekking to Karnali region offers a quiet, beautiful enchanting experience
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing: World Heritage Sites
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150m/490 ft): 1 hour
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,540m/8,334ft): 20 minutes
Day 05: Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur (3055m/10,023ft)
Day 06: Chere Chaur to Chalachaur (2980m/9,777ft)
Day 07: Chalachaur to Sinja Valley (2490m/ft.)
Day 08: Sinja to Ghorosingha (3050m/10007ft)
Day 09: Ghorosingha to Rara Lake (3010m/9876ft)
Day 10: Explore Rara Lake
Day 11: Rara Lake to Pina (2440m/ 8006ft)
Day 12: Pina to Bumra (2850m/9351ft)
Day 13: Trek ends: Bumra to Jumla (2540m/8334ft)
Day 14: Fly to Nepalgunj, fly to Kathmandu
Day 15: Final departure
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is Rara Lake trek and how can I Prepare?
Trek to Rara Lake is remote and easy type trekking, can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. People with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs may have to suffer much difficulty in trekking.
2. What about the safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Rara Lake trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about the weather conditions and Jumla flight?
After reaching at Nepalgunj, we have to take a flight to Jumla in the morning then we start trek from Jumla but sometimes due to the air traffic and weather problems, the flight may be delayed or canceled. Due to uncertainty of Jumla weather, we are not sure about untimed flight. If there will be frequent weather problem, we do arrange a flight by helicopter chopper and for this you have to pay additionally.
4. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
5. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English language during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding language.
6. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
7. What is the limitation of weight to Jumla flight and where do I store my extra bags?
You can carry 10 kg luggage plus 5 kg hand bag and if you want to carry more than the limit you have to pay extra charges. You can keep your extra bags in your hotel or in the office in Kathmandu.
8. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Rara Lake trek?
Trek to Rara Lake with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
9. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.