Tharpu Chuli (Tent) Peak Climbing / Expedition
Tharpu Chuli (Tent) Peak Climbing / Expedition is one of the best options to explore beautiful Annapurna sanctuary along with a great adventure. Trekking to Tharpu peak provides you the great views of stunning Himalayas like Annapurna I (8091m\26545ft.), III (7555m\26786ft.) South (7219m\23684ft.), Hiunchuli (6441m\21131ft.), Baraha Shikhar (7647m\25088ft.). Mt Khangshar Kang (7485m\24557ft.), Tarke Kang (7069m\23192ft.), Gangapurna (7326m\24035ft.). Although, a great chance to explore amazing wildlife habitats like blue sheep, spotted deer. Musk deer, wild yaks, wolf, etc. in beautiful forests of pine and bamboo. Here you can also observe the living style of people in local villages with their different cultures and traditions they follow. However, a little bit challenging but adventurous and beautiful exploration. Views of floras and faunas of south Annapurna region provide you unexpected moments of your life.
Tharpu Chuli Peak 5663 m/ 18579a fit climbing or Tent Peak Climbing is located toward the south of Annapurna Base Camp. The trek explores the Annapurna region as we pass along the diversified floras, faunas and diversified culture. Tharpu Chuli peak climbing is a lifetime experience trip. Similarly, we climb the standard Northwest Ridge, which is alpine PD grade. So, this peak climbing is not as physically demanding as Island or Mera Peak climbing. Upon reaching the top of the peak we get a full glance of Himalayas including Annapurna I, III and South, Hiunchuli. Baraha Shikhar, Khangshar Kang, Tarke Kang, Gangapurna and others. Another highlight of this climb is to reach the Base camp of Mt. Machhapuchhre – the famous mountain popular by the name of Fishtail.
Moreover, our trip starts with a drive to Pokhara and then we start our trek from Nayapul. Almost 70% of your trip offers us the glances of mountain giants. Interesting terraced farmland, rhododendrons forests, rivers, and diverse ethnic settlement. The trip passes some steep and ridge climbing which makes this climb interesting and quite challenging for some people. Even though, after our successful summit finally back to base camp. Explore the spectacular panoramic views of 7000 and 8000-meter giants, we return back through the same route. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you can thoroughly organize your belongings. In the meantime, we organize a get-together ceremony with climbing guides, Sherpa’s and other team staffs where you are the special guest.
- Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu & Preparation
- Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft): 6 hours drive
- Drive to Naya Pul and trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 1 hr drive 5-6 hours trek
- Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 6 hours
- Chhomrong to Dobhan (2,600m/8,530ft): 5-6 hours
- Dovan to Machhapuchre Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 7-8 hours
- Acclimatization and preparation
- Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Cave Camp (4,250m/13,943ft): 5-6 hours
- Cave Camp to High Camp (5,200m/17,056 ft): 4-5 hours
- Summit Tent Peak (Tharpu Chuli), return to high camp: 9-10 hours
- Tent Peak High Camp to Machhapuchhre Base Camp: 4-5 hours
- Machapuchhre Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m/7575ft): 6-7 hours
- Bamboo to Jhinu Dada (1760m/5770 ft): 6-7 hours trek
- Jhinu Dada to Naya Pul, drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
- Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6 hours
- Final departure/Farewell