Thorong Peak Climbing / Expedition
Thorang Peak Climbing provides you the best views of the Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range. Nilgiri Peak, Tilicho Peak and breathtaking landscape of Mustang region with the world’s deepest gorge of Kaligandaki. Next, you can also get a great chance to explore the local Gurung culture with its own unique culture and tradition.
Thorong Peak climbing (6144m) covers the best location of the Annapurna Region and because of this, it is one of the most popular peaks climbing. Many climbers and adventure seekers mix up the route of Thorang La Pass (5416m) with Annapurna Round. You can observe Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range, Nilgiri Peak, Tilicho Peak. The breathtaking landscape of Mustang region with the world’s deepest gorge of Kaligandaki valley in this trekking climb. Other highlights include the charming settlement of the Gurung community. Their slate-covered houses with the incredible presence of rhododendron covered hills. Moreover, climbing to Thorong peak 6144 m / (20157 fits) it’s in the central part of the Annapurna region. While we climb Thraong peak it’s relatively easy and you don’t need any previous climbing experience. Though sound physical fitness and stamina aids in smooth ascent. You need climbing permits and experienced climbing guides to successfully summit Thorong Peak. Sunrise Adventure treks will arrange your everythings for Throng peak climbing.
Similarly, our trip starts from Kathmandu followed up by drive to Besishar and Bulbule. From Bhulbule we trek to Jagat and then to Dharapani. As we trek, we get to cross famous rivers, pass through the amazing hillside. Unique settlements, waterfalls, lush forest and get an insight into different cultural ethnicity residing in the Annapurna region of Nepal. We trek to Chame from Dharapani and then trek to Pisang from there. While we reach in Manang – Manang is a famous village with flat-roofed houses from where amazing views of mountains like – Annapurna I, II. Mt Annapurna III (7555m), Gangapurna to the South – Lake Tilicho (7132m) & grand Barrier to the west. Mountain Chulu West (6583m) & Chulu East (6059m) to the North. We reach Yak Kharka from Manang & then trek to Thorang Phedi from where we climb to Base camp of Thorang peak. After a successful summit of Thorang Peak, we trek to Muktinath – popular of Muktinath temple Then we trek to Jomsom from where we take a scenic flight to Pokhara. Afterward, we take another flight to Kathmandu. At the end upon arriving Kathmandu, we offer last farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Arrive at Kathmandu (1360 m)
- Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
- Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbule (850m) 7-8 hrs
- Trek Bhulbule to Jagat (1330m) 7-8 hrs
- Trek Jagat to Dharapani (2160m) 6-7 hrs
- Trek Dharapani to Chame (2670m) 5-6 hrs
- Trek Chame to Pisang (3200m) 6-7 hrs
- Trek Pisang to Manang (3540m) 5-6 hrs
- Acclimatization day at Manang village (3540m)
- Manang to Yak Kharka (4110) 5-6 hr
- Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4925m) 5-6 hrs
- Thorong Phedi to Thorong Peak Base Camp (5200m) 3-4 hrs
- Summit to Thorong peak (6144m) & trek to Muktinath (3810m) 9-10 hrs
- Reserve day for unforeseen condition
- Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2500m) 5-6 hrs
- Flight/Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara (8 20m) 20 min
- Pokhara to Kathmandu drive 6-7 hrs