Highlight of the Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley Trekking –
- Exploring marvelous views of the stunning Himalayas like Dhaulagiri (8167m\26795ft.), Nilgiri (2637m\8652ft.), Tilicho peak (7134m\23405ft.). Annapurna (8091m\26545ft.), Himlung (7126m\23379ft) Manaslu (8163m\26781ft.), Pisang peak (6092m\19981ft.), Lamjung Himal (6983m\22910ft.)
- Great views of the amazing landscape, monasteries. Experience of Tibetan lifestyle and culture and walk in the Nepal and Tibet border.
- Visit Lo – Mantang hidden kingdom. Explore ancient Buddhist monastery, Nar Phu Valley,visit Jomsom and Muktinath temple.
- Amazing view of one of the deepest George called kaligandaki George
Enjoy sightseeing tour in kathmandu around World Heritage with trekking in the Himalayas . Nar phu valley to upper mustang trekking needed a 3 different trekking permit. Nar Phu valley and upper mustang restriction permit issue by the immigration of Nepal Government and Annapurna conservation permit from a ACAP.
However, we trek along the eastern, winter route from Lo and explore the newly-discovered, Buddhist caves in the sky, also visiting the remote villages of Dhi, Ghara, Yara and Tange and the renowned Luri and Tashi Kabum cave Gompas. Nar Phu and Upper Mustang both area was recently opened to foreigners, and have been restricted area to preserve the unique Himalayan Culture and Tradition. So we will see fewer trekkers than many of Nepal's trekking regions.The inhabitants are ethnically Tibetan, traders of old, and have lived an isolated existence for centuries. Phu is an intriguing fortified village perched on a hill at the intersection of many glacial valleys and surrounded by high Himalayan peaks, and Nar is an attractive busy village of slightly more 'Bhotias', or Nepali Tibetans.
Both restricted trekking areas are impressively beautiful. Nar Phu valley to Lo Mangthang there are two choice able trekking pass, Teri la and Saribung pass if you go to Upper mustang via Saribung pass, you have chances to see Damodar kunda, which is holy lakes of the Hindu pilgrims. For explore the Saligram , Damodar kunda is the famous spot in Nepal. For this trekking there is camping and tea house. Because of the recent Jeep road of the upper mustang , Narphu valley to Lomangthang trekking become popular day by day. Narphu valley to upper mustang is the off the beaten path trail, where you see the magnificent nature and some days far from the human settlement.
1. How difficult is trek to Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley and how can we prepare?
Trek to Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley is restricted and moderate type trekking, can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. People with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs may have to suffer much difficulty in trekking.
2. What about safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
4. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English languages during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding languages.
5. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping which is up to your happiness, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
6. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley trek?
Trek to Upper Mustang, Teri La Pass and Nar Phu Valley with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
7. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.