- Great views of the amazing landscape, monasteries. Experience of Tibetan lifestyle and culture and walk in the Nepal and Tibet border of Upper Mustang Trek.
- Visit Lo – Mantang hidden kingdom. Explore ancient Buddhist monastery, visit Jomsom and Muktinath temple.
- Trek to sacred region of Nepal in Mustang district takes you to explore panoramic views of many stunning Himalayas. Enjoy with the much famous Tibetan culture where people follow their own distinct traditions, rituals, languages, and beliefs.
Day1: Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m / 4264 ft.]
Day2: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation – B
Day3: Kathmandu to Pokhara [823m/2,700ft]: 6 hrs drive – B.L.D
Day4: Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni [2,858m/9,375ft]: 20 min flight: 3-4 hrs trek – B.L.D
Day5: Kagbeni to Chele [3050m/10,004ft]: 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day6: Chele to Syanbochen [3475m/11,398ft]: 6-7 hrs – B.L.D
Day7: Syanbochen to Ghaymi [3520m/11,546ft]: 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day8: Ghaymi to Charang [3500m/11,480ft]: 4-5 hrs – B.L.D
Day9: Charang to Lo-Mangthang (3700m/12,136ft): 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day10: Explore Lo-Mangthang – B.L.D
Day11: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar [3810 m/12,500ft]: 6-7 hrs – B.L.D
Day12: Dhakmar to Ghiling [3806m/12,484ft]: 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day13: Ghiling to Chhuksang [3050m/10,004ft]: 5-6 hrs – B.L.D
Day14: Chhuksang to Jomsom [2700/8,856ft]: 6-7 hrs – B.L.D
Day15: Fly back to Pokhara – B.L.D
Day16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu – B.D
Day17: Fly Home: Farewell Friend – B
(Note: B.L.D, Plan Including / B: Breakfast, L: Lunch & D: Dinner.)
1. How difficult is Upper Mustang trek and how can I Prepare?
Trek to Upper Mustang area is restricted and moderate type trekking, can be attainable by many people nowadays. Our company provides you a porter and a guide with policy or travel insurance. As altitude is one of the main reasons of sickness, people with very weak ankles, knee, hearts and lungs will not be appropriate for such trekking.
2. What about the safety measurements and altitude sickness do the guides and porters have their insurance in Upper Mustang trek?
Worrying for safety measurements? Our guides having long experience are much professional for handling such issues with various means of safety measurements. For common health issues like: headache, common cold, diarrhea, vomiting, we provide you first aid medicines. In case of being sick in the mountain, Sunrise Adventure Trek will make proper arrangements rescue by helicopter, for this you should have better travel insurance. If our guide and porters may suffer from sickness, they have also travel and medical insurance and we will also rescue by helicopter.
3. What about the weather conditions and Jomsom flight?
After reaching at Pokhara, we have to take a flight to Jomsom in the morning then we start trek from Jomsom but sometimes due to the air traffic and weather problems, the flight may be delayed or canceled. Due to uncertainty of Jomsom weather, we are not sure about untimed flight. If there will be frequent weather problem, we do arrange a flight by helicopter chopper and for this you have to pay additionally.
4. What about guide & porter, do they have well training?
Guides and potters provided to our guests had complete accomplishment of several trainings required for their professions by the Ministry of Nepal Tourism. Having well experience in tourism sector as a guide or potter, make easy to explain all the information required for trekking and can create very familiar environment to the guests.
5. What about communication system during trek?
As all the porters and guides are well certified by the Ministry of Nepal tourism they can easily understand and speak English language during the trek. On the other hand, we can also provide you guides and potters according to your own understanding language.
6. Do I need to give tips to guide and potter and if how much?
It’s difficult to mention about tipping, but guides and potters do expect the tips at the end of the trip. However, normally people can give minimum 10% of their total payment to the guide and porter.
7. What is the limitation of weight to Jomsom flight and where do I store my extra bags?
You can carry 10 kg luggage plus 5 kg hand bag and if you want to carry more than the limit you have to pay extra charges. You can keep your extra bags in your hotel or in the office in Kathmandu.
8. What kind of food, drinking water and accommodation do we have on Upper Mustang trek?
Trek to Upper Mustang with Sunrise Adventure Trek includes trekking lodges or guest houses as accommodation with twin bed sharing room, if you are in a group and if you are solo traveler, you have private room. Regarding meals, we will have some options to choose like: continental foods, Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine etc. For drinking water, you can buy the mineral bottles or safe drinking water from hotel either you can bring water tablets.
9. How many hours should I walk per day and what happened if I am a slow walker in the group?
Normally, we have to walk around 5 to 7 hours per day, if you are slow in walk the team leader will professionally manage to you walking with our assistance guide and potter.