Mt. Lhotse 8516 m (27940 fits) info
Mount Lhotse is the fourth highest peak in the world situated in the south part of the Everest massif. Mt. Lhotse 8516 m (27940 fits) is identified as the south peak of Mount Everest. Mt Everest and Lhotse two mountains are connected by the South Col a vertical ride of 800 meters. Likewise, Lhotse climbing route normally follows the same Everest climbing route until camp3 and separated for camp 4 for different climbing Everest and Lhotse. Lhotse has major three major peaks. Lhotse Main was first climbed in 1956 by the Swiss expedition team. Lhotse Shar was first summited on May 12, 1979, by Austria expedition team. Finally, Lhotse middle was conquered on 23 May 2001 by the Russian expedition team.
- 1. Where is Mt. Lhotse Located?
- 2. Where is Mt. Lhotse located in the globe?
- 3. How long distance from Lhotse base camp to summit Mt Lhotse?
- 4. How tall is Mt Lhotse?
- 5. Mount Lhotse facts and info
- 6. How long days does it take to climb Mt. Lhotse?
- 7. What are the trekking routes around in Mt. Lhotse?
- 8. How much does it cost to climb Mt. Lhotse?
- 9. Who climb first to Mt. Lhotse?
1. Where is Mt. Lhotse Located?
Many people have questions where is Mt. Lhotse located? Mt Lhotse means also South Peak in Tibetan. Mount Lhotse 5816meter (27940 fits) is the fourth highest mountain peak in the earth after Mt Everest K2 and Kanchenjunga. Even though, Mt Lhotse is one of the Massif Mountains in the Himalayas border of Nepal and Tibet autonomous part of China. Lhotse also considered as a part of the Everest massif.
2. Where is Mt. Lhotse located in the globe?
Mt Lhotse is located between Nepal and the Tibetan autonomous region of China. Mt Lhotse consists major three peaks the highest peak is 8516 meter 27940 ft. Lhotse middle 8414 m 27605 ft and Lhotse Shar 8383 m 27503ft.
3. How long distance from Lhotse base camp to summit Mt Lhotse?
Climbing route to Lhotse passes through Khumbu icefalls. After base camp will pass through the base camp to will camp 1 and camp 2 camp 3 and camp 4 and finally summit to the top. However, it will take 45 to 52 days from Kathmandu to summit Lhotse and back to Kathmandu. Next only climbing period will take 22 to 30 days from Lhotse base camp.
4. How tall is Mt Lhotse?
MT. Lhotse has three major peaks which are given below-
- Mount Lhotse 8516 meter 27940 fit.
- Lhotse Middle 8414 m 27605 fit
- Lhotse Shar 8383 m 27503 fit.
5. Mount Lhotse facts and info
- Lhotse is located south part of Mt. Everest it’s joined ridge of 7600, 25000ft. It is also called part of the Everest Massif.
- The south face of Mt. Lhotse is one of the largest mountain faces in the world.
- Mount Lhotse was first climbed on May 18, 1956, by Switzerland team.
- High altitude mountain workers Mr Ang Furba Sherpa died on May 19, 2016, slipped and fell down from Lhotse face while he fixed the rope.
- Lhotse middle is the technical mountain and hard to climb.
- Three hundred seventy-one 371 climbers were success to the summit of Lhotse and 20 were died during their attempt.
- West face of Mt Lhotse is also considered as Everest massif even people called as Everest E1.
6. How long days does it take to climb Mt. Lhotse?
Climbing to Mt. Lhotse will be about 6 to 7 weeks from Kathmandu to Lhotse summit and back to Kathmandu. So only climbing will be about 20 to 25 days from base camp to base camp.
7. What are the trekking routes around in Mt. Lhotse?
Mt Lhotse is close to Mt. Everest. So that Lhotse has as a similar trekking route to Everest base camp. You can do mostly peak climbing and trekking around in this area. Some of the few trekking routes around the Everest region.
8. How much does it cost to climb Mt. Lhotse?
Climbing to Mt. Lhotse cost is various as all cost depends on the types of service. Climbing to Lhotse will have cost the US $ 18000 to 25000 per person. Climbing package cost also depends on your group size.
9. Who climb first to Mt. Lhotse?
Mount Lhotse has main three major peaks. Several climbing teams were trying to attempt Mt Lhotse in the past but some of them are unable to summit. Below expedition team are first ascents to Mt Lhotse-
1. Lhotse Main 8516 meter 27940 fits. It was first climbed in 1956 by the Swiss expedition team.
2. Lhotse Middle 8414 m 27605 fit. Lhotse middle was conquered on 23 May 2001 by the Russian expedition team.
3. Lhotse Shar 8383 m 27503 fit. Lhotse Shar was first summited on May 12, 1979, by Austria expedition team.