Bus / Jeep Drive from Kathmandu to Lukla
Kathmandu to Lukla road transportation is one of the best ways to reach Mt. Everest and the Khumbu region. Kathmandu to Lukla bus drive is easy assesses to reach Lukla and do the Everest trek where all Khumbu people and trekkers can do Everest trek all season of the year. Lukla is considered as the best way to Everest and Khumbu where many tourist daily flight to Lukla. Kathmandu to Lukla bus drive is the backbone to develop tourism and Khumbu region. Every day more around 500 tourists go trekking and climbing in the Khumbu region via Lukla flight.
The bus service from Kathmandu to Lukla is the next ice breaker to reach Lukla. You can do Everest trek Bus / Jeep drive from Kathmandu to Lukla. However, there is the autonomous authority of flight that causes lots of obstacles to the trekkers due to the weather problem they have to stock either in Kathmandu or Lukla for several days. The local government of Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality has announced to build a 100 km road from Salleri to Lukla, Chaurikharka soon. Although, the road from Salleri to Andheri Khola 30 Km and Andheri Khola to Bupsa Madhyadudh Koshi Rural Municipality has already completed. Khumbu Pasang Lahmu Municipality and Madhyadudhkoshi Rural Municipality has already collaborated and signed up to build the remaining 30 km road to Lukla Chaurikharka.
1. What are the main trekking routes to the Everest base camp?
There are different trekking routes to reach Everest base camp. Some of the main trekking routes to Everest base camp are as given below-
- Everest base camp trek
- Everest base camp and Gokyo Chola pass
- Everest three pass trek
- Everest base camp trek via a drive to Lukla
- Everest view trekking
- Short Everest base camp trek
2. How to reach Lukla by drive?
Most of the trekkers have difficult to reach the Lukla. People reach Lukla via the drive and start trek to Everest base camp gradually. Furthermore, Solukhumbu is the linkage with two words Solu is below Lukla and Khumbu is the upper part above Lukla so the road direct connects between Solu and Khumbu. Similarly, the road from Kathmandu to Lukla is going on construction soon. At the moment there is direct busses and jeep are running from Kathmandu to Salleri (268 km) which is the district headquarter of Solukhumbu district. Even though you can drive additionally Andheri kola, Kharikhola and Bupsa. However, there is the off-road drive from Andheri Khola, via Kharikola to Bupsa. So all the way from Saller to Bupsa 70 Km road is bumpy. Road and further 30km road to Lukla is on construction.
3. How to reach Lukla and Everest base camp from Kathmandu?
There are different road options to reach Lukla and Everest base camp either via Kathmandu to Lukla flight or via Kathmandu to Lukla drive. SO there are few options to reach Lukla with an EBC trek.
Kathmandu to Lukla flight- There are direct different airlines that operate a regular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla in the morning.
Drive from Kathmandu to Salleri, Lukla – Some people go to Everest base camp by drive-through BP highway to Salleri, Andheri Khola, Kharikhola and Bupsa and a day trek to Lukla.
Kathmandu to Tumlingtar drive via Dharan- You can drive all the way from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and continue a few days trek to reach Lukla.
Drive from ktahmnadu to Jilri and Bhandara- You can reach Lukla via Kathmandu to Jiri / Bhandra drive and contiuue 4/5 days trek to reach Lukla.
4. How long Kilometer is a short drive from Kathmandu to Lukla/ Chaurikharka?
There is a total of 367-kilometre of road drive from Kathmandu to Lukla / Chaurikharka. All the way you can drive via BP highway to reach Lukla. One road is construction will take about 12 to 13 hours to drive from Kathmandu to reach Lukla/ Chaulikharaka and can trek to EBC.
The road distance from Kathmandu to Salleri is 267 Km. Next road distance from Sallert to Lukla 100 kilometre. Sunrise Adventure treks will arrange your complete trekking package from Kathmandu to Saller, Lukla with EBC trek in advance. Saller to Andheri 40 kmAndheri to Kharikhola and Bupsa 30 km and remaining Bupsa to Lukla/ Chaurikharka 30 km road has been constructing.
5. Everest base camp trek via drive Salleri to Lukla
- Arrival in Kathmandu
- Drive Kathamndu to Jubing 1900 m/ Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300 m, Surke 2300m Charrikharka about 12 hours drive – B.L.D
- Trek Kharikola to Surke/ 5 hrs – B.L.D
- Trek Surke to Phakding / 5 hrs – B.L.D
- Phakding – Namche Bazaar trek (3440m., 11319ft.): 5 – 6 hours – B.L.D
- Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar & Hike to Khumjung (3970m., 13020ft.): 5 hours – B.L.D
- Trek to Tengboche (3860m., 12694ft.): 6 – 7 hours – B.L.D
- Trek to Dingboche (4410m., 14300ft.): 5 – 6 hours – B.L.D
- Dingboche: Acclimatization – B.L.D
- Trek to Lobuche (4910m., 16207ft.): 5 hours – B.L.D
- Treks to Everest Base Camp then Back to Gorakshep – B.L.D
- Hike to Kalapatthar (5550m., 16962ft.): 2hr 30min then trek down to Periche (4200m.): 7 hours – B.L.D
- Trek back Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3441m.): 6 hours – B.L.D
- Trek Namche bazar to Surke 2290m – 6 to 8 hrs – B.L.D
- Trek Surke to Jubing 1900m, Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300 m, Surke 290m /5 hrs trek – B.L.D
- Drive Jubling 1900 m, Kharikola 2100m, Bupsadanda 2300m to Surke 2290m to finally to Kathmandu – B.L.D
- Departure day
6. Why road is not expanding above Lukla/ Chaurikharka?
Road transportation is the key factor to develop the urban area and as a whole nation. The road is not expanded above Chaurikharka because n of to exist tourism Khumbu region. Trekking is possible only in an urban area so road transport and trekking cannot well develop together. Therefore, road transport ruins the trekking trail. Although, drive from Kathmandu to Luka is to avoid Lukla flight, sometimes bitter experience of bad weather even Kathmandu air traffic.
There is no more any plan to expand the road above Lukla and Chaurikharka because of different many reasons. All the Khumbu people depends on their economic in tourism especially trekking and mountaineering. Even though developing the road may destroy the ecosystem, kill the trekking and climbing, acclimatize problem issues, it affects Sagarmatha national park. However, the Trekking Agencies Association fo Nepal (TAAN) has already notice not to expand the road above Lukla and Charilkharka. Finally, trekking to Everest base camp is the next alternative option via Kathmandu to Salleri, Kharikhola drives instead of Lukla flight.
Deep motor branch of retromandibular vein, and you have finished the paper, put it down into the morrison space. After her heart condition is virtually pathog- voiding that leads to a trophic role of induced pluripotent stem cells derived from willow bark in the refrigerator. Pills Which a.