Top Mountains of Nepal
The most value country for travel in Nepal. Nepal is listed in best in travel. The capital city of Nepal is Kathmandu. Kathmandu is also one of the famous tourist spots. Nepal is mainly famous for its highest peaks. Nepal is the richest Himalaya’s country in the world. Lots of small and big mountains lie in Nepal. Having numerous mountains in the country is the biggest achievement in Nepal. There are 1310 mountains above 6000 m among them around 300 mountains are allowed to climb. Nepal has the countless Himalayas which has different names ranging from east to west and north to south. Nepal is a mountaineering paradise in the world. There are altogether 14 highest peaks in the world and among them, 8 peaks are located in Nepal. Nepal Mountaineering Association was established in 1973 in Nepal to promote the awareness and safety activities in mountaineering. Most of the tourist come to visit Nepal for the trekking in mountains. Mountains of Nepal are the pride of country. Because of these mountains, Nepal is known as the land of the mountain in foreign countries. It has become the passion for every climber to climb the highest peaks of the world once in their lifetime. The details of eight highest mountains of Nepal are as follows:-
1. Mount Everest:- 8448 m / 29029 fit (Everest is top highest peak of the world )
Mount Everest is the earth’s highest peak. It is 8848m (29090ft) tall. It was named after Sir George Everest. Mt. Everest is known as Sagarmatha in Nepali and Chomolungma in Tibetan. The half part of Mt. Everest is faced towards north Tibet whereas another half part is faced towards south Nepal. Mt. Everest is located at the Mahalangur Himal subrange of the Himalayas between Nepal and China borders.
Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary were the first people to climb in Mt. Everest in 29th, May 1953. Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler were the first people to climb Everest without the use of oxygen supplement. Mt. Everest has two summits one is the south summit and other is the main summit. The south one is the easiest route. Most of the mountains of Nepal are covered by snow cap and higher you will go narrow path you will find. There is an easy route from Nepal to climb in Mt. Everest and the same techniques were followed by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary in 1953. Like Mt. Everest has unique landscape, unmatchable beauty and hidden mystery. Everest is the dream of everyone to have a glance on Everest once in their lifetime. There is very less air pressure in Mt. Everest.
If you want to do the mountaineering in Everest you will be provided the highest level of service that leads you to achieve the success of climbing. Climbing on the highest peak of the world always supports your mountaineering carrier. We do not take lightly about the climbing process in Mt. Everest. We planned a team for you with full safety and reaching the summit. We provide you trekking on Everest Base Camp which is the dream of every single people. It is one of the best treks in the world. It helps to enjoy and explore the lifestyle and culture of Nepalese with the views of beautiful Himalayas. You will get to see the sunrise views of the Himalayas which is one of the beautiful parts of the Everest Hike. Likewise, you will enjoy seeing the close view if Everest, Sagarmatha National Park, Mt. AmaDablam and other several Himalayan Peaks. Everest Base Camp Trekking is one of the marvelous trekking in the world. This trekking was started since the expedition of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa. However most of the people have the dream of conquering the Everest Base Camp Hiking but only a few people get to succeed. Some of the interesting activities to do in Mount Everest are:-
- Skiing:-It is an exciting task to do in Mount Everest. There are some places that are perfect for cross-country skiing. Being a tough course it also needs all your skiing faculties intact to accomplish. This activity of Mount Everest should be handled carefully.
- Mountain Climbing: – Climbing on Mount Everest is not a light activity. It is one of a complex and adventurous task which is very costly and risky but there always should be a victory over fear. If you want climbing, you will be guided by the professional guide to help you to reach up to the top. If you have money burns, this will be a better way to experience the mountain.
- Riding horse sleighs: – This is another entertaining activity in Everest offered by locals. It is rarely done in that place but if you get this opportunity, be thankful.
- Trekking : – Trekking in Mount Everest region is very famous adventure activities with various famous trekking route The climb of Mount Everest is the advanced form of hiking. Especially it is done by those climbers who are not interested to reach to the top and visiting the reserved park of Everest.
- Experience Nepalese culture: -The cultures of Nepal will beat all experience mentioned above. You will get the chance to see the Hindu and Buddhist culture mainly.
If you want to tour in Mount Everest then it is necessary to have enough budgets with you because it is obviously not cheap. It will be fruitful to you if you experienced it once in your lifetime.
2. Mount Kanchenjunga:- 8586 m /28169 fit (Kanchenjunga is 3rd highest peak of the world )
Kanchenjunga Mountain is located in the eastern Himalayas on the border between Sikkim. Northeastern India, and eastern Nepal, 46 miles (74 km) northwest of Darjeeling, Sikkim. It is the third highest mountain in the world and the second highest in Nepal with the elevation of 28,169 feet and height 8586 m. This mountain has five summits like Kanchenjunga (main, west, central, south, Kangbachen).
The first attempt to climb on Kanchenjunga was on 25 May 1955 by Joe Brown and George Band, who were part of British Expedition. They stop at the short of a mountain as they had promised to the peoples of the local area and since then it has become the rule of there. Every climber or climber group followed this system. However to reach the summit of Kanchenjunga, there are four routes and three of them are from Nepal southeast, northeast, northwest and northeastern from India. The expedition in Kanchenjunga is not very easy as there is a high risk of avalanche. There is a strange belief that the area of Kanchenjunga is called the house of demon because local people think there is yet (snowman) which threats the local people. It is a kind of interesting things about that place. Some of the activities that you can do after finishing climbing on Kanchenjunga are:-
- Trekking: – Trekking in Kanchenjunga is one of the great Himalayan trails, and it covers the eastern part of Nepal. Through the Arun valley, the trekking route to Kanchenjunga Base Camp passes. It is considered as the most beautiful valley for trekking region in Nepal. Here, the trekking begins from Suketar Taplejung. This trekking walk through rhododendron forest you climb into high alpine terrain beyond Gunsa village. Trekking in Kanchenjunga region is still exploratory trekking in Nepal Himalayas and you have to get ready to trails that come. For trekking in Kanchenjunga special permit is required from a government that is registered in Nepal Trekking Agency. Spring and autumn season is the best time for trekking in Kanchenjunga but trekking is also planned as per the vacation or holidays of visitors. For trekking, in Kanchenjunga, at least two people are required to participate. We provide you with a very experienced guide for this trekking.
- Visiting Tiger Hill: – Tiger Hill is in Darjeeling near Kanchenjunga Mountain. You will get to see the beautiful sweeping views of the sunrise with the view of colossal Kanchenjunga with many other snow clad mountains nearby. The rapidly changing blaze of the color of snow peaks as the sun strikes in an awesome view but the Tiger Hill is even great to view. You can come to visit the hill to see the dazzling snow covered peaks in Mid October and December. As there is no certainty of bad weather in Darjeeling sometimes view of beautiful sunrise cannot be seen properly so you have to go at right time for it. You can see this lovely scene from the view tower which is the top of Darjeeling and from there you can see all Darjeeling including entire eastern Himalayan Ranges. Visiting Tiger Hill is really entertaining.
- Kanchenjunga National Park: – This national park is also one of the famous places that climbers of Kanchenjunga do not miss to visit. This is a kind of adventurous place of that area. This National Park is included as mixed criteria UNESCO World Heritage Site. The vegetation you find here is shrubs at higher altitude, alpine grasses, and many other plants that contain medicinal herbs. Likewise, mammals like musk deer, snow leopard, wild dog, black beer, red panda are available to see live. The beautiful birds like snow pigeon, green pigeon, Sunbird, eagle, blood pheasant, osprey, etc are also reserved there. Middle of April and May are the best time to visit this park. You can get more enjoyment if you visit here.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: – This is one of a very historic institution and most visited place of the world. Visiting this museum will take u back to the all adventurous journey done in the Himalayas. You will get knowledge about the actual stories of heroes, gear or equipment used by legendary mountaineers on their journey of Everest. After knowing all these things it is sure that you going to have goosebumps. As it is located in the hill station of Darjeeling it is beautifully planned and located and also recognized by the best mountaineering institute in the world. You can find the zoo in the same complex, which is well laid out and has a wide range of animals on display. It will be the perfect place for those people who want to sharpen their teeth in Mountaineering and adventure in the future. Everyone should visit this place once in their lifetime.
- Happy Valley Tea Estate: – Charm of this tea garden is breathtaking and naturally beautiful as it is located in the middle of the town. In this estate, you will get to see the tea making process in life. Happy valley tea factory heartily guided you if you came to visit. You will be provided a quick taste of different varieties of tea at the end after viewing of the tea production process. Thus guides of there are very friendly and helpful which helps you to feel comfortable. After visiting in this place, the main thing is you will get enough knowledge about the tea from its growth to manufacturing. You will also get to buy different varieties of tea at a cheaper price than a retail shop.
3. Mount Lhotse:- 8516 m/ 27939 fit (Lhotse is 4th highest peak of the world )
Lhotse is the 4th highest mountain in the world and 3rd highest in Nepal after Everest and Kanchenjunga. This mountain is located next to the Mount Everest and in the border between Tibet of China and Khumbu region of Nepal. The height of this mountain is 8,516 m (27,940ft). Tibetan people called “South Peak” to Mount Lhotse. There are three summits in Lhotse main 8516m, Lhotse Shar 8383m, and Lhotse Middle or East 8413m. It has a reputation as one of the achievable 8000m height mountain. Nearest Airport from here in Kathmandu.
Mt. Lhotse is famous for its tremendous and dramatic south face. In 1956 this mountain was climbed first as an alternative route towards the summit of Everest by Ernst Reiss and Fritz Luchsinger who were part of Swiss expeditions. Sometimes Lhotse is mistakenly identified as the south peak of Everest massif. Until Everest has been finally ascended no serious attention was turned to climbing Lhotse. Chantal Mauduit becomes the first lady to climb the mount Lhotse in 1996. To climb on Lhotse it is necessary to take permit first from Nepal Ministry of Tourism. Most of the visitors climb West Face Couloir because this route is famous with 600 summits. According to the research Mt. Lhotse is extremely technical compared to Everest, Manaslu, and Makalu. Climbing Lhotse without a professional guide is like impossible or risky. There are only 14 Mountains on earth which are above 8000m and among them, 8 Mountains are located in Nepal. Similarly it will be 14 if Lhotse Middle, Lhotse Shar, Kanchenjunga Middle, and Southeast are counted. If you came to visit Lhotse Mountain you also can do activities like this:-
- MT. Lhotse Base Camp Trek: – Trekking to Mt. Lhotse is one of the most expensive, complex and adventurous journeys. Lhotse Base Camp is located beside the Khumbu Glaciers same as Everest Base camp. The climbing section which has been mostly declared as dangerous is Khumbu South Face. The north side of Khumbu icefall is the commercial route sharing the length of icefall with Everest South Route. In 1990 a South Face was climbed by Russian people and after some months they described it as impossible to be climbed by a single person. Personal and professional Sherpa guide is provided to the climber.
- Skiing: – Skiing in Mount Lhotse is another challenging task of the climber in Lhotse. Although skiing in Lhotse seems like impossible Hillary Nelson and Jim Morrison are the first couple to do complete ski from the 27,940-foot summit of Lhotse which is 4th highest peak o the earth. Lhotse Couloirs is known as most tough ski line and it is possible to do only by a good skier.
4. Mount Makalu:- 8463/ 27766 fi ( Makalu is 5th highest peak of the world )
It is a fifth highest Mountain of the earth and fourth highest mountain of Nepal. Makalu is an isolated Peak located at 22 km east of Everest and situated between Everest and Kanchenjunga, Nepali-Tibetan borders. It is 8,485 m and 27,838 feet mountain which is located in the Mahalangur Himalayas. Makalu is one of the eight-thousanders and isolated peak whose shape is a four-sided Pyramid. Makalu is considered the most difficult peak to climb in the world. The mountain has steep pitches and knife edges ridge. In the final ascent of the summit, Pyramid has technical rocks and ice climbing.
Similarly, in 1954 an American team led by William Siri in the spring has attempt the first in Mt. Makalu. This Mountain was the First Climb on May by Lionel Terrey and Jean Cozy from French Expedition led by Jean Franco. This team climbed Makalu by the north face northeast ridge that is the saddle between Makalu and Kanchenjunga establishing the standard route. It is one of the harder eight-thousanders and notorious too. The simplest route of Makalu Mountain is snow/ice climb. The best time to visit in Mt. Makalu is between April &may and October & November. Its size alone is impressive and has proven to be a challenging climb as only five of its first sixteen attempts were successful. Among many of the Khumbu’s tallest mountains, the towering mass of Makalu was admired and studied by many Everest Parties. But it was only once Everest was conquered that attention turned to submitting other peaks. Other activities that can be done before or after the trek in Makalu are as follows:-
- Cultural Heritage Tour:- Nepal is very in cultural diversity and it is well worth exploring. The Himalayan country Nepal is a dreamland for foreigners and reality for locals. If they are once experienced then its memory cannot be lost or dismiss from the mind and heart. Visiting old age temples, Buddhist Monasteries, and Royal Palace with amazing sculpture, painting, legends and living rituals are awesome. We have given our full effort to incorporate all cultures delighted as well as the natural beauty of Nepal. Which you can choose according to your available time.
- Trekking in Makalu :- Trekking in Makalu region is famous adventure activities. This region trekking offers beautiful snow capped mountain unique himalayan lifestyle of local people flora and fauna. The less crowded trekking region leads to isolated part of Nepal
- Scenic Flight: – After the departure from Kathmandu early in the morning, you will get to see the spectacular mountains and the valley surrounded by beautiful mountains. It surely will be a breathtaking feeling.
- Paragliding: – Paragliding will be the best experience for the adventure seekers. Although Paragliding is a relatively new sport in Nepal it is truly wonderful. You will get to experience beautiful scenic grandeur sharing airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, eagles, and kites. While floating over villages, monasteries, temples, lakes and breathtaking view of majestic Himalayas.
5. Mount Cho Oyu:- 8201 m/ 26906 fit (Cho Oyu is 6th highest peak of the world )
Mountain Cho Oyu is located in the West of Mt. Everest, in the border between Nepal and Tibet. This mountain is 8201 m and 26906 feet. Joseph Joechler, Pasang, Dawa Lama, and Herbert Tychy are the first people to climb first in this Mountain in 19th, October 1954 A.D. It is 6th highest mountain on the earth and 5th highest in Nepal.
Mount Cho Oyu is one of the straightforward climbs which does not need technical demanding. And also excellent Mountain for those climbers who wanted to scale first 8000m peak without taking much risk. This
Mountain is the easiest 8000m peak so it has the highest number of climbers in comparison to the other Himalayas. Yes, it is technically easy but if heavy snowfall occurs then it is not very safe from an avalanche. April to May and Late September is the best time to come to visit Mount Cho Oyu. It is open to climbing all day. It is a Towering peak standing with Everest well above the surrounding Mountain. It has become a familiar landmark to Cho Oyu climber ascending Everest North Face. Some extra activities that can be done in Mount Cho Oyu are as follows: –
- Cho Oyu Base Camp Trek: – Cho Oyu which is 8201 m highest recently has become popular Mountain to climb. Trekking to the Cho Oyu provides you to enjoy the incredible beauty of the Tibetan Plateau. Walk to a very high altitude on good snow-free trails viewing the stunning scenery of Cho Oyu and Everest. The climbing season or trek takes place in autumn. Without carrying heavy baggage you will walk in careful pace enjoying fresh meals and lots of hot drinks which is important for acclimatization. You can freely enjoy the pure and pristine environment of the high Himalayas. You will be directed by our trip leaders and guides who are very expert at leading interesting groups of men and women throughout Tibet.
- Cho Oyu National Park: – The National Park is located among rolling. The environment of the park is beautiful and stark. It is inhabited with various species of wild birds and animals. After arriving in base camp by a vehicle you start to trek towards the mountain. Likewise where vegetation changes and becomes rockier with Cho Oyu and many smaller unclimbed Peaks. In the park, you will get to see different ranges of plants from spruce, pine, a wide variety of evergreen trees along with cold belt grassland. Precious animals and birds from antelope, deer, fox, gazelles, yaks etc.
6. Mount Dhaulagiri: – 8167 m/ 26794 fit (Dhaulagiri is 7th highest peak of the world )
Located in the west-central Nepal Mount Dhaulagiri is on the western side of deep Kali River George about 30 miles northwest of Annapurna. Dhaulagiri is the 7th highest mountain on the earth and 6th highest mountain in Nepal with the height of 8167 m and elevation of 26,795 feet. This mountain is bounded on the north and southwest by tributaries of the Bheri River and on the southeast by Myagdi Khola.
The name of this Mountain is derived from the Sanskrit language which means “white beautiful mountain”. Dhaulagiri is one of the highest that is located entirely in Nepal. Whoever has made attempt to climb Dhaulagiri in the year between 1950-1959 were failed. In 1960 the first ascent was made by Swiss Austrian team lead by Max Iselin. North East Ridge is the easiest route of Mount Dhaulagiri. You will enjoy the Dhaulagiri expedition mainly in the month of April and May. Other activities to do in Mount Dhaulagiri are explained below: –
Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek: – Dhaulagiri base camp trek with us is the very perfect choice for trekkers. Who do not want any obstacles in the journey and want to experience raw nature. Trekking in Dhaulagiri is one of the most challenging. Dhaulagiri Base camp trek is the very adventurous destination of Nepal. If you want to trek in Mount Dhaulagiri, trekkers need to make a perfect plan. Moreover physical fitness with good health if you really want to seek actual adventure. This trek provides you great challenging passes with wonderful Mountain View, a valley that is hidden naturally beautiful and full of chirps of birds, rich in Flora & fauna. You will also get to see wild animals like leopard, red panda, Himalayan Thar, Musk deer as well as different species of birds. Dhaulagiri trek will be totally wildness experience and can be a memorable walk of your lifetime.
Dhaulagiri Skiing: – The summit of Mount Dhaulagiri by foot and decent by skiing is a fabulous experience for every adventure lover. The international Ski instructor Mr. Krishna Thapa successfully completed ski descent from this summit in 2013 after that he made the history in ski-mountaineering. Skiing in Dhaulagiri is perfect to start your carrier in Mountaineering.
7. Mount Manaslu: – 8163 m/ 26781 fit (Manaslu is 8th highest peak of the world )
Mount Manaslu which is also known as (Kutang) is an eighth highest Mountain in the world and seventh highest in Nepal. It is located in the Mansiri Himal
ss, part of the Nepalese Himalayas in the west-central part of Nepal. This mountain is 8163 m (26781) feet above the sea level. The meaning of its name is “mountain of the spirit” which is come from Sanskrit word where Manasa means soul. Manaslu was first climbed by Toshio Imaishi and Gyalzen Norbu, member of Japanese expedition on May 9, 1956 A.D.
Mt. Manaslu is located about 64 km east of Annapurna and is the highest mountain in Gorkha District. The easiest route is snow/ice climb. March, April, and May that is pre-monsoon is the best time to visit in Manaslu Circuit for those who want to who wants to experience the best scenery of the trail. Asian Development Bank has provided the loan funds to the village and under that, the government of Nepal. It has an infrastructure project titled “Manaslu Eco-Tourism Development Project” under implement. Its objective is to improve the capacity of the Manaslu area to support tourism in a friendly manner. Things to do in Mount Manaslu are as follows:-
- Manaslu Base Camp Trek: – Manaslu Base Camp trekking is another popular adventures destination in Manaslu Region. In Mount Manaslu, only well-structured trekkers in the group can trek. This trek provides perfect views of mountains with a combination of rich cultural heritage, genuine adventure, incomparable beauty, and biological variety. This also offers a good mix of cultural diversity and fantastic countryside scenery that is why Manaslu is very famous for trekkers. Manaslu trek now has become great tea house trek. Some people call it the best trek all around Nepal and it is in the great Himalayan trail.
- Skiing in Manaslu: – Skiing in Manaslu is best for those people who want to experience deadly adventure. The structure of Manaslu is perfect for skiing. Mingma David Sherpa, Tashi Sherpa, and Krishna Thapa Magar are the first Nepali Skiers to descend the height of 7,500 meters on Mt. Manaslu (8,163) by skiing. If you want to ski in Manaslu you should be mentally prepared and physically strong and healthy.
8. Mount Annapurna:- 8091 m/ 26545 fit 9 (Annapurna is 10 th highest peak of the world )
Mt. Annapurna is the eighth highest mountain of Nepal and the tenth highest mountain in the world. Annapurna is the massif in the Himalayas in North Central Nepal. This massif is 55 km long bounded with Kali Gandaki George on the west, Marsyandi River on the north and east and by Pokhara Valley on the South. At the end of the massif in western, encloses a high basin called the Annapurna Sanctuary. This Mountain is 8,091 m and (26,545ft) above the sea level and was the first massif to be climbed among eight-thousanders.
Likewise, the whole massif is protected under the Annapurna Conservation Area, which is the first and largest conservation area of Nepal. It is considered that the south face of the Mountain is most difficult to climb. In 1950, Maurice Herzog and Louise Lachenal summit the Mt. Annapurna first, were part of a French team that included other great climbers Gaston Rebuffat and Lionel Terray. Actually, Annapurna is a Sanskrit word which means full of food Goddess of the Harvest. Mt. Annapurna is a Hindu Fertility goddess. This was the first peak to be climbed without supplemental oxygen. Things to do in Mt. Annapurna are described below: –
- Trekking in Mount Annapurna: – The Annapurna Conservation area is the well known for trekking. There are three major routes for trekking in Annapurna region Jomsom Trek to Jomsom and Muktinath, Annapurna Sanctuary route, Ghorepani and Ghandruk route. About two-thirds of all the trekkers in Nepal already have visited the Annapurna region. The area of this region is easily accessible, there is a plentiful guest house in Hill. Trekkers are offered beautiful scenery of greenery hills, snowy mountains, and low villages. Trekkers also get chance to grab knowledge about the culture of Nepalese people, especially of the village area. The entire area is inhabited so this region offers cultural beauty and exposures. Spring and autumn is the best time to visit Mt. Annapurna.
- Heli-Skiing/Skiing in Annapurna: – Mt Annapurna, Heli Ski is one of the best trips in the world. Skiing at such a high altitude is really adventurous for the ski lovers. It is also best for thrilling and experiences. Winter and autumn is the best time for Heliski. Heli-skiing is an advanced way of skiing. You are provided all the necessary ski gears. For Heli-skiing in Annapurna Autumn and winter is a perfect time. For Heli-skiing you can come alone or in the group.
In conclusion Nepal is known as amazing country of great himalayas kingdom in the earth. Nepal is richest country in the himalayas and has many top highest mountains in the earth.